Saints Row IV Saints Row IV modding patch progress

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
From Volition modding chat courtesy of Mike Wilson:

Mike Wilson said:
1:23 AM

Just wanted to say that there is progress being made on the patch front. It is still very,very rough around the edges(Activities bomb out when exiting the level),but I am able to save and load games. I haven't tested too much since I just got it going,but character customization appears to be saving and loading properly. I need to do some cleanup and address some threading issues,but I should be able to have a build available for testing without old save support soon. My next step of course is to get old saves loading. From there it is on to steam workshop support,which shouldn't be too bad.

The patch that Mike is talking about removes the memory restrictions from Saints Row IV, which have been negatively affecting all modders since we started down this road. The big things to take away from this update are upcoming Steam Workshop support, and unlimited table entries.

Happy Holidays!

Considering the massive amount of content people have made for the Valve games (L4D2, TF2, CS:GO) with the workshop needless to say i'm hyped and can't wait to see what the talented folks here can create now that those cursed memory restrictions are going to cease to exist soon. Needless to say 'dis gonna be good.

I'd like to take a moment to say that this isn't a magical all memory restrictions are gone thing. The memory model we have used is heavily entrenched in the code, so I am spot fixing all the places that I can think of and find that are bad limits. I will probably need some help from you guys to track down other limits that need to go, but we can get them.

Oh, and I have fixed activities and the threading issues. I'm now testing to make sure that we're saving and restoring everything properly. Needless to say, replacing the entire gamesave system isn't trivial to do or test. :)

I'd like to take a moment to say that this isn't a magical all memory restrictions are gone thing. The memory model we have used is heavily entrenched in the code, so I am spot fixing all the places that I can think of and find that are bad limits. I will probably need some help from you guys to track down other limits that need to go, but we can get them.

Oh, and I have fixed activities and the threading issues. I'm now testing to make sure that we're saving and restoring everything properly. Needless to say, replacing the entire gamesave system isn't trivial to do or test. :)

I think it's a safe bet that you'll have an army ready to hammer on it and test. :)

I think it's a safe bet that you'll have an army ready to hammer on it and test. :)

Absolutely a sure bet there bro and count me in to help in any way I can.
genkismily2.png

0genkiworkjck1ft.png

Last edited:
Back