Saints Row IV Saints Row IV mod tools dated

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
We've worked out the details with Volition, and now have some dates set:

8/20/13 Initial tools release for SRIV. This is not the SDK, but comparable to our existing basic tools for SRTT. I will also be releasing a few SRIV mods on launch as well.

8/27/13 We'll be removing saintsrowmods restrictions on slider/character mods. This means that these types of mod releases will finally be allowed on our forum, as well as allowing technical discussion. This applies to both SRTT and SRIV. Volition want to keep it simple and have an honor system where they ask all users not to upload their modded characters to the official site, and will manually police/delete ones from people who do. They are also looking at ways to allow modded uploaded characters on the official site with some kind of marking to note that a character require a certain mod(s) to look correctly.

That's fantastic news!

Should we take from the second paragraph that Volition want to allow modded characters on the official site, they just haven't got the setup presently to make it feasible?

Either way, I'm even more stoked than before. Thank you for all your work, IdolNinja, and of course all you folks at Volition as well! :)

Should we take from the second paragraph that Volition want to allow modded characters on the official site, they just haven't got the setup presently to make it feasible?

Yes, exactly.

IdolNinja. Awesome news!
So, post 8/27 I can upload that old 'dummybumps' mod ? It is the one I use to craft my outrageous big female in Sr3 (pictures found elsewhere in some thread)
. Not my mod as I'm sure you recall but one I had found elsewhere and was of course not allowed here due to the restrictions on slider stuff.
course I suppose by the end of August that mod will probably be defunct as by then I'm going to hope you yourself stick something in the Gentlements kit for SR3 and
integrated with all the love.

Do you want a copy to peruse for reference in the meantime?

I would suggest trying to contact dummybump now and get his permission. I know a lot of SRTT mod authors from that other mod site disappeared when it folded. If it turns out that we can't contact them then we will allow it, or at the very least discuss how it works and create our own version.

This is some great news, but....this may be outside the scope of the topic but I had no idea this website had restrictions in place for modded characters. Don't GotR and GoS both have unlocked slider values, and aren't nudity mods allowed to be posted here? I'd appreciate a link to an explanation somewhere, I didn't see anything in the forum rules...

Also care to let slip the nature of the mods you'll be putting out on day one? Minor tweaks, mission replay...? I'm curious but I also want to do a vanilla playthrough to get a feel for the baseline of how good SR4 actually is on its own merits, haha.

Well, SR2 doesn't have character upload functionality, so GotR didn't mater. The version of the extended sliders with GoS obfuscated the slider install as well as disabled upload. The rule was unofficial and we talked one on one with anyone who did try and upload stuff like that.

Oooh, I see. I gotcha, it was more of an unspoken rule of respect or something. Well either way it's cool to see the restriction is being lifted, it'd be nice to see some horrific monstrosities traipsing about for download on a rainy day.

Back