Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PC

Admixon

So a couple days a go there been rumors SR4 will get a remaster. Don't have any sources, I just saw many people talk about it on Saintscord and Twitter. Recently someone on Reddit found the game is getting an update on Steam
Source:
FiqlOW0XwAY1zAH.png
FiqlRVTXoAMb6b9.png

The icon was changed and the original name (in the database). Thanks to @F13 we know the icon is used by SR4 Re-Elected on Microsoft Store so I think the re-elected build is coming to Steam. The game was also renamed do Saints Row IV Legacy. There's also mentions the build will introduce crossplay.

Workshop build is pretty broken rn and playing co-op is hella buggy, porting re-elected build with crossplay sounds like a great idea, people could finally play together without any major problems but... there's something that worries me a lot: goodbye mods. It worries me the re-elected build will replace the workshop build, remove workshop, all over 400 mods and will no longer read custom vpp_pc files from the mods folder. I own the re-elected port on Microsoft store and I have to say the game isn't moddable. It's literally a console version of the game on PC... I have almost 1800h in this game thanks to mods and modding and I can't imagine playing the game without them (thanks god with still have the Gog version)

Anyway nothing is confirmed yet, maybe I worry too much but knowing Deep Silver they probably will ruin the game for me and for many people who enjoy the game with mods

Last thing it's basically a question: where the fuck is the SR2 patch?! It's been 3 fucking years since the announcement and I won't believe in that "devs are working in their free time" bullshit anymore. It's been months since last update and I know the current build of the game is in terrible state. Instead of porting crappy console version of SR4 that will die a week after a release they could put some work in the patch. People want it, I want it even if I'm not a big OF fan. After the reboot release, the game that made maaaany fans mad, fixing an old game sounds like a good idea to show that DS or Volition ain't bad companies right? Nooo, let's release re-erected on Steam...

(sorry for the slurs)

That's give me a question too. I still waiting for SR2 patch too and it's been long since the devs gave announcement. Maybe I will play Saints Row IV with re elected and cross play, but I'm worrying about mods? It was to play with mods and enjoying with that. Man, that's messed up right now for me.

They seem to be very allergic to making the right choices... SR3 and SR4 were the most financially successful, so i can sort of understand this... but WE ALL BEEN SCREAMING at Volition to remaster SR1 and SR2 or at the very least FINISH and RELEASE the SR2 MegaPatch instead. It's like they keep slapping their fans with that famous purple dildo while laughing retardedly with a squirrel pitch.

Last edited:
I own the re-elected port on Microsoft store and I have to say the game isn't moddable. It's literally a console version of the game on PC
Actually, Microsoft Store games are never moddable. The files are verified frequently or something. If that edition gets ported to Steam it should be just as moddable as the original SR4 build. The remaster should be separate from the "Legacy" edition, just like SR3 and RFG's remasters. That would be the best of both worlds and I see no reason to replace/remove the original build.

Volition wouldn't get rid of the original port of SRIV if it has workshop support. They said they'd do the same with the SR2 Patch, anyone who owns the current build gets to keep that and will have access to the original build. SRTT Remaster is an example of this.

Volition wouldn't get rid of the original port of SRIV if it has workshop support. They said they'd do the same with the SR2 Patch, anyone who owns the current build gets to keep that and will have access to the original build. SRTT Remaster is an example of this.
I suggest Volition do directly remove original Saints Row IV from Steam after releasing this version if they're not gonna patch out major issues with original release. It's just has notoriously stability issues for LOTS of people, including me - frequent hard freezes / crashes, even with the pre-Workshop version, it is just pretty unplayable especially on newer hardware! Also, strangely, unlike Saint Row IV, the original Saints Row The Third runs completely fine for pretty much everyone, including me as I has not encountered a single issue in this game, unlike Saints Row IV that crashed / froze hard so much often and I ended with no choice but do remove it from my Steam library. I might repurchase that new remaster if I get feedback that the new game is actually playable...

I won't get into the plethora of bugs I've experienced in the SRTT remastered, but I don't know why Admixon is stressing when they literally didn't even remove the original build of SRTT (which also has its fair share of bugs). Highkey just doing too much in my opinion

Back