Saints Row: Cut Content, Beta, Alpha, Discussion

I'd like to start off this post with an overview of general and not so general information.
Saints Row has had many changes since it's final release, in all games 1 - GOOH. Some for the better, some for the worse. Now most things are public with the instance of data mining, and the various volition streams that covered it on Saints Row's 10th Anniversary. As an avid fan I enjoy collecting these materials, specifically Saints Row 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 have some decent things as well.

Recently a new video has came out which opened up my eyes to a whole new spectrum of content regarding the Saints Row Alpha and Beta, when it was really just about some tactic of business management. Source:

Saints Row 1
It's a bit hard to judge when the game was really taking form since it was started from scratch and went through various changes and phases of development. I will try to break up these stages in a format which they can be dissected easily and understood to what I know and will know in the future.

Stage 1: Planning
Saints Row was scoped to be a one of a kind game. "New Genre, New Tech, New Platform (Xbox 360)" While the new tools was their ctg engine focusing on file compression and a unique file structure in which to be developed and 3dsmax to provide the living breathing world of Stilwater.

Stage 2: Development
More Phases Will Be Added Later
Phase 5
Phase 5 was 5 months into development, animations and physics were down by this point, the city was a mere 4 blocks and the game is majorly still unfinished and in an alpha or early beta state. Also the framerate is shit, which would continue to be an issue until very late into the games development.
YDP7qI4.png

BODiY4G.png

NxOUEP6.png

E3 2005 Build
By this point, SR1 had a HUD, Activities, Customization, and a somewhat working city. But lots of it was scrapped and changed before release.
Sources:

More Phases and Archives coming soon that's just a taste for what SR1 has.

Saints Row 2
Saints Row 2, everything that made SR1 good but with more. All the new gameplay features had been finished before even entering production. Cribs, New Guns, Female Protagonist, Bikes, Boats, Planes. This resulted in basically what I can explain to be Saints Row 2 running in Saints Row 1's graphics and design. Same hud, same default character, just with MORE. What else can you want.

DDBFRSL.png

(No I didn't make this it's actually from their vid, it's just like what they did with Saints Row 3 where they just slapped a 3 onto the SR2 main menu)
VaCc1Rq.png

From the beginning they had planned Stilwater to have went through construction and been more industrialized (remember all the construction you could see around Saints Row) but there is a lack of ultor building since the story probably wasn't as thought out yet.
Eb71PAn.png

We didn't really get a fully developed Underground system like shown, it was more like just a few small spots and most of them were just for a mission or two.
jw4T5GW.png

This one is the saddest, we could have had intense fires and destruction. All we got was a little bit of fire in Shivington with a random event type thing.
tyYehYs.png

It seems like we could have taken out highways and shit. Cool.
8NIGQSj.png

We did get this one, sadly after they started the graphics production and moved it away from Saints Row 1's original design, it got a little stiff and didn't have the same feel. When I play SR1 I feel like my characters face is butter, while SR2 is like sandpaper.
VEgRDUf.png

This one is surprising since we barely even got 4 cribs in SR1 let alone being able to change them.
CnCy64A.png

They also had it planned for you to be the leader of the saints at this point.
3ms8z1o.png

Looks like we could have made our members unique as well, even to the point of changing their gang colors.
pbDSfXz.png

Bikes!
wxDGyDQ.png

Planes? Dear lord I feel bad for whoever had to deal with streaming. Have you ever been on top of a building or up high in SR1? It ain't pretty.

I am ending this thread for now, please discuss anything cool you've seen or found below. I am interested and will add a lot more to this post later.

Last edited:
I have all Saints row except the first one. because they do not put the first one for remastered PC I know there everybody wants I do not have console

in this case I like but the SR2 SR3, the 4 I did not like much. saints row 2 is very tasteful because it has several m4 weapons that I like very much outside other things everything that is old is good.

Back