Saints Row 2 multi-core support?

Hi I just did a massive clean up on my pc and I've been trying to optimize my games more and am wondering if this game supports a cpu with multiple cores above dual core to something like a regular quad-core( assuming it supports hyper-threading would be far fetched due to the time it was released) so would I be able to use at least the 4 physical cores of my i7 or is it limited to only 2 of the physical cores?

Well I found this a interesting question so I just tried it here. It has been a LONG time since I ran SR2.
Checked SR3 first. It seems to be using 4 cores here (Intel i7 on win 7 64 bit).
So then I fired up SR2.
Well, at the moment I can't get it to 'continue' the old game. It errors out on me with crash. However according to what I can see
in the graph on resource monitor it APPEARS to be trying to use 4 cores of the i7 just as SR3 is.

Okay, I just tried again. I could not load a old save game. Made a new game and got past character creation. According to
the monitor it is mostly using 2 cores with a bit of spillover on the other 2. Mostly on 2 cores it seems. Without havin access to real numbers,
it appears twice the load about more or less on 2 cores than on the other 2.

I don't know if that is the right way to judge this or not, just using the graphical display in the Windows 7 resource monitor.

Damn, gotta say, SR2 sure had some interesting character creation bits they dropped from SR3.
Can't wait for the new SDK we should get for SR3 maybe some of that bling SR2 had will make it to SR3!
(I see I only have six hours played in SR2, haha) See I discovered SR via SR3 so I'm ...... sick like that.

Actually I'm going to amend this post some more.
Played a bit longer then tabbed out.
It is MOSTLY on one core with about half of that on CPU2.
Then about half of what is on CPU2 on 3 and 4 core.

That confusing enough?
I'm not surprised it is a old game. Damn, I need to mod this proper and restart a character, I never played it as much as I should have!

Actually I'm going to amend this post some more.
Played a bit longer then tabbed out.
It is MOSTLY on one core with about half of that on CPU2.
Then about half of what is on CPU2 on 3 and 4 core.

That confusing enough?
I'm not surprised it is a old game. Damn, I need to mod this proper and restart a character, I never played it as much as I should have!

Thanks for the quick reply I guess I'll run it with the 4 physical cores and see what happens.

P.S. : Lol yeah I started playing it again cause I wanted to go through playthroughs for both sr2 and sr3 before playing sr4. The game has some of the best customization you will ever find in a game. It just sad that such a great thing isnt as popular due to the unstableness of the port.

I can say with certainty that the game is at least setup to make use of two cores (If not three since the Xbox 360 had a Triple Core CPU.) and Windows forces it to use all four by default. Which means yes, Hyper Threading also indeed works and Hyper Threading has been around since at least 2003 when Intel released the new Pentium 4 family with a second Logical core which was a thread which means it supported Hyper Threading. The Xeon processor which I have in an old server tower was the first ever CPU to use HT which is back from mid to late 2002. That being said Windows 7 and especially Windows 8 make the best use of Logical Cores and Hyper Threading towards applications and since I have an FX-4100 CPU I had to get a Windows Update built specifically for the way the FX chips handle calls and executions using Hyper Threading and the way it shares information between cores/threads.

Back