Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Two years ago Mike said it was mostly done and that there was mostly polishing work left. So you're saying that's incorrect and that he only had the source and there is no actual compiled work done by him?

What happen to that back up plan he had to make sure it was being worked?

Last edited:
Maybe he was right but polishing takes time too and if you follow SR on social media you know whole studio is busy with their new game. They don't have time working on the patch on any other side projects rn. This is sad but I hope they continue working on it after the reboot release but giving source code of the game to random people isn't a good idea.

I don't want source code, i just want that whatever compiled work by Mike be released as Is for PC. The community can and will fix whatver polishing needs to be done, community always find a way to make things happen.

We don't even know at what state the current build of the patched version is. What if it's even broken than the original release? Who would fix it? We have a bunch of talented modders in the community but I don't think they would do that. The best option is to "hire" some people to work on the patch from the community. That's the best option imo.

We don't even know at what state the current build of the patched version is. What if it's even broken than the original release? Who would fix it? We have a bunch of talented modders in the community but I don't think they would do that. The best option is to "hire" some people to work on the patch from the community. That's the best option imo.

Agree with you there, but the main problem remains. If Volition does not release any of his work, there will be nothing nor no one to hire to fix anything...

Volition has the final word on this, since i am 100% sure those files are somewhere in a few of their Office computers. So they either put all his work into a safe and throw the key, or release whatever he had as some sort of Unofficial work for the community to play with.

Let's be honest, chances for Volition to do this kind of thing out of the kindness of their hearts are below 1%.

I'm guessing that whatever plans for this were cancelled right after Deep Silver/Koch Mediia buyout by THQ Nordic got finalized. Hence all the silence. Basically i'm just waiting for them to say "yeah... just forget about it. It's not happening anymore" to finally move on.

I agree that if Volition decides to cancel this for whatever reason they should release the source code. Keeping it locked away without releasing the promised patch would just be a big "Fuck you!" to the community. Although for now, there's nothing indicating that they have cancelled it. SRR is what's going to keep their company afloat, so it makes sense that they would want to focus on that and only that for the time being.
We'll have a valid reason to worry if we don't see any news after a couple of months of SRR being live.

The only reason they haven't been putting out information or updates besides the"We're working on it during our freetime, but the new game is the priority" is because they don't want to give a timeframe and then not being able to meet said timeframe. Fixing up a source code from a game as old as SR2 isn't an easy task, it becomes even harder when they have such limited resources as it. The best advice at the moment is to be patient 🤷‍♂️

Back