Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Nobody is missing the point, they're literally doing it out of love and not working for free. They made a promise to Idol and are simply sticking to that promise, if they weren't going to get paid for working on it then they would've been abandoned the project. Also Volition would've also been under fire for something like that. If you would pay attention to social media and dev comments then you'd know this.
oh so they are not working for free on it? did i just misunderstand? if so then that's a huge relief. like doing something shitty like cancelling the rerelease because the project is out of money and the company doesn't care is one thing, i would've been pissed but that's like "well that's about what i'd expect from them". but the idea that the employees have to finish this without being compensated for their time is where i saw red. no matter how much it's about passion it is still a product that's going to be sold and so the employees have to be paid for their work on it, that's all.

oh so they are not working for free on it? did i just misunderstand? if so then that's a huge relief. like doing something shitty like cancelling the rerelease because the project is out of money and the company doesn't care is one thing, i would've been pissed but that's like "well that's about what i'd expect from them". but the idea that the employees have to finish this without being compensated for their time is where i saw red. no matter how much it's about passion it is still a product that's going to be sold and so the employees have to be paid for their work on it, that's all.
I get your intentions but you are overthinking it bud. The publisher didnt force anyone to do it, they are not being ripped off or abused to work for free.

Idolninja wanted to see this game finally fixed to the point that he was willingly sacrificing his free time to make it real, and the rest of the team knew about this and they still decided to support it even if that means no revenue for their work. Just their pure love for the game to finally see it fixed.

This is just going to be a patch for the base game. Like any modern update to fix bugs and glitches.

it's not really accurate to just call it a "patch" though, it's going to be the complete or definitive or whatever edition of the game with the dlcs included. those come out all the time but devs don't usually put those together for free, even if the new complete edition is given out to the owners of the original version at some point. honestly this rerelease probably needed/needs way more work than many other complete editions just because of how horribly broken the base game is.

like it's not about anyone being forced to do something like this, like i said i doubt anyone could've stopped Mike from working on it, it's that it shouldn't even be a question that people are compensated for their work regardless of how passionate they are. agreeing to it doesn't make it any less scummy and exploitative on the part of the bosses. but that's kinda going on a more general tangent so im gonna stop here and just hope everyone's treated fairly at Volition.

it's not really accurate to just call it a "patch" though, it's going to be the complete or definitive or whatever edition of the game with the dlcs included. those come out all the time but devs don't usually put those together for free, even if the new complete edition is given out to the owners of the original version at some point. honestly this rerelease probably needed/needs way more work than many other complete editions just because of how horribly broken the base game is.

like it's not about anyone being forced to do something like this, like i said i doubt anyone could've stopped Mike from working on it, it's that it shouldn't even be a question that people are compensated for their work regardless of how passionate they are. agreeing to it doesn't make it any less scummy and exploitative on the part of the bosses. but that's kinda going on a more general tangent so im gonna stop here and just hope everyone's treated fairly at Volition.
no, its definitely just a patch. if u look at idolninja's posts he had said that nothing changes except that the bugs are now fixed. the dlcs were always there, just not functional

the dlcs were always there, just not functional
I don't think this is true. The DLC mission scripts, vehicle models, and clothing items are not included in the PC SR2's game files.

I don't think this is true. The DLC mission scripts, vehicle models, and clothing items are not included in the PC SR2's game files.

wasn't the dlc originally on-disc? i was always under the assumption that CD Projekt Black was told to scrub the dlc content from the pc version so it could be sold separately afterwards or something. there's definitely some stuff left over like npc texture files but it's all dummied out from what i've tested (but tbf i didnt check very thoroughly)

you mistaken brother, only dlc missions left but there is no cutscene, audio and no dlc npcs in the game files. Also there is no dlc clothes either
1644686260195.png

guess this is referring to some other npc and not the dlc Tera then

Brother i m not saying there are no left overs in the pc files, i am saying there is not enough files to play even one dlc mission completly.

And i was also answering him. This patch not just play with some scripts and unlocked some gamefiles and let us have all the dlcs. Like i said before most of the dlc files not include in pc version.
ah gotcha. you're right of course i was thinking the same thing when i read that

you mistaken brother, only dlc missions left but there is no cutscene, audio and no dlc npcs in the game files. Also there is no dlc clothes either
Man Unkut Clothes DLC only i remember good was the shirt that has wings on it.. i really wanted to play DLC but well i guess i must Buy Xbox X/360 i don't know if emulator work i wanted so bad to experience nightmare mission on those 2 DLC :)(

Yeah i wanted to try Face bandana on my female boss too.. The Reboot was going to be special if they are working again in SR 2 patch.. hope this patch are done and Mike in afterlife will be happy to see that happened.. even if we gonna paying i would spend my money for this Masterpiece game

Can't wait for august to try that SRR.

Back