Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

One thing I don't really get about this statement is that they assume it won't be worth the investment. They'd make a killing in sales, especially bundled with a SR1 remaster (that can reuse some of the same assets/engine work) for a "classic collection". I know upscaling assets and optimization isn't exactly easy work, but it would literally pay for itself if the general community is anything to go by. The "financially infallible" part just seems a bit baseless. Also, this is a bit besides the point, but SR1/SR2 are difficult to play in their complete form unless you own an Xbox. It would be nice to have a definitive version on modern consoles/PC for people who want to get into the series from the beginning. Personally, I'd love to introduce people to them without having to deal with janky emulation or buying a specific console.

One thing I don't really get about this statement is that they assume it won't be worth the investment. They'd make a killing in sales, especially bundled with a SR1 remaster (that can reuse some of the same assets/engine work) for a "classic collection". I know upscaling assets and optimization isn't exactly easy work, but it would literally pay for itself if the general community is anything to go by. The "financially infallible" part just seems a bit baseless. Also, this is a bit besides the point, but SR1/SR2 are difficult to play in their complete form unless you own an Xbox. It would be nice to have a definitive version on modern consoles/PC for people who want to get into the series from the beginning. Personally, I'd love to introduce people to them without having to deal with janky emulation or buying a specific console.

i almost feel like Volition are afraid they'll be forced into making these remasters or something when they say stuff like that when that most probably won't be the case. trying to discourage people from asking about it or something lol (but perhaps that's just because people have been asking incessantly about it for years now, i'd get sick of it too)

i also feel like a classic collection would make a good amount of money, because like you said oh boy the sr community that these companies claim to appreciate so much sure wants it and has wanted it for a long long time. absolutely a ton of work but worth it - like a lot of people don't have and never had access to sr1 so it's a whole new game to them, one that gives crucial context for sr2 and sriv too. in my eyes sr1 also is the one game in the series that really could use some qol updates, i think it's a very impressive game for its time but man is it feeling its age now and much worse than sr2.

but then again i don't know how much the desires of the community really matter when they didn't even treat the sr2 rerelease as... well, anything at all. it's just a glorified fan project. sure shows these guys got a finger on the pulse of this fandom.

Last edited:
Well, what's this I'm hearing that the possibility of Saints Row 2 remaster might happen?

To be honest, after also seeing the polarizing reception the Reboot got, I can't help but wonder if the developers aren't going to release the official patch or even consider giving the Okay for a remaster since I get the impression that they might be spiteful towards older fans and the people that gave the Reboot negative reviews. Just my thoughts.

Saints Row 2 remaster is all OG fans biggest wish. Not releasing the patch for SR2 would break the promise, promise of fixing the game for Idol who started the whole project. Hope they won't abandon it but right now they're busy fixing their newest game which is way more broken than SR2.
Also Volition wouldn't make the remaster anyway. It would probably be made by Sperasoft (a different studio that made the remaster of SR3) but it's up to Deep Silver (the publisher)

Saints Row 2 remaster is all OG fans biggest wish. Not releasing the patch for SR2 would break the promise, promise of fixing the game for Idol who started the whole project. Hope they won't abandon it but right now they're busy fixing their newest game which is way more broken than SR2.
Also Volition wouldn't make the remaster anyway. It would probably be made by Sperasoft (a different studio that made the remaster of SR3) but it's up to Deep Silver (the publisher)

I guess all we can do for now is just wait. I hope Deep Silver listens to the old SR2 community, one way or the other. But right now, i'm actually looking forward for SR 2022 DLC's lol... does that makes any sense? I need more missions! i just wish i had a different crew.

Lol i'm just rambling. I don't think i've had this much of a love/hate relationship with a game before, well except Skyrim.. But not to this level.

By the way, the code for SR1 is lost? i wouldn't mind if they would release SR1 and SR2 collection as a Remaster or a Remake with the SR4 Engine.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see Saints Row 2 needing a remake, specially not with the patch that is being made. That title would honestly fall to 1, and I'd love if Sperasoft did it, specially with the core improvements they did in The Third like 60 FPS cutscenes on the undocumented and secret last patch to the game on Steam.

1 is the least accessible title in the series and a relic of it's time at this point. I would much rather they worked on that than whatever this reboot is trying to be. I still can't believe how gameplay has downgraded on all levels though, down to technical ones(like aiming), I thought that was an impossible feat with 5 games as blueprint.

Well, what's this I'm hearing that the possibility of Saints Row 2 remaster might happen?

To be honest, after also seeing the polarizing reception the Reboot got, I can't help but wonder if the developers aren't going to release the official patch or even consider giving the Okay for a remaster since I get the impression that they might be spiteful towards older fans and the people that gave the Reboot negative reviews. Just my thoughts.
you're hearing wrong. idk why people keep giving false hope about it. even if they wanted to (they havent even considered it in their plans) its not up to them. that, and even as a sr1/2 fan i just dont think OG fans deserve to have their way after how they were attacking the devs. its embarassing

Back