Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Idk why yall want them to release the current build and let the community fix it when there is already a community fix for the retail version of Saints Row 2, in the form of Gentlemen of the Row. You can play Saints Row 2 with GOTR and it would work just as well as the half-patched version with GOTR 2.

Idk why yall want them to release the current build and let the community fix it when there is already a community fix for the retail version of Saints Row 2, in the form of Gentlemen of the Row. You can play Saints Row 2 with GOTR and it would work just as well as the half-patched version with GOTR 2.

There is a HUUUUGE difference between the Mega Patch and GOTR. For one thing, the Mega patch was supposed to incorporate all the DLC's that were only released for Xbox 360. Second, the Mega Patch would perform significantly better (Specially on Older Systems). There was more, but those are my main two reasons which is more than enough.

There is a HUUUUGE difference between the Mega Patch and GOTR. For one thing, the Mega patch was supposed to incorporate all the DLC's that were only released for Xbox 360. Second, the Mega Patch would perform significantly better (Specially on Older Systems). There was more, but those are my main two reasons which is more than enough.
If the unfinished patch had all of these stuff it wouldn't be unfinished. I don't think they added DLCs first and then started focusing on performance and bugfixes. DLCs are probably one of the last things they'll add to it, once all performance issues are cleared up

asking just in general, but did Mike or anyone else ever elaborate on how the DLCs functioned exactly? i always thought they were on-disc on console and since there are remnants of them in the files of the pc port it makes me wonder how easy/difficult reimplementing them would be. you'd think the functionality was always there and ready to go, THQ just didn't bother releasing the things since the port was in such a mangled state.

It should be that when you download a DLC, the game downloads dlc1.vpp_xbox, dlc2.vpp_xbox and dlc3.vpp_xbox which contain all the files for the DLCs.

A dev did explain recently that in old games, they had to pre-plan DLCs and make references for them in game files so they can allocate the memory for them tho

It should be that when you download a DLC, the game downloads dlc1.vpp_xbox, dlc2.vpp_xbox and dlc3.vpp_xbox which contain all the files for the DLCs.

A dev did explain recently that in old games, they had to pre-plan DLCs and make references for them in game files so they can allocate the memory for them tho
thanks, i've always wondered about it. glad we have dev input on it

I'm half sure this isn't coming. But I assume once the new SR's honeymoon period is over they will put a few more people on provided it doesn't launch an absolute flop and they have to put the whole studio on support. Maybe too the scope has increased and this will end up being a remaster instead like SR3 had been.

If that's the case they might be holding it back on purpose to reveal after the new game as they know people won't buy it over a Saints Row 2 remake/remaster. It costs money to produce this as they're no longer doing this of their own volition (haha) so they will probably want some money out of this now.

I'm half sure this isn't coming. But I assume once the new SR's honeymoon period is over they will put a few more people on provided it doesn't launch an absolute flop and they have to put the whole studio on support. Maybe too the scope has increased and this will end up being a remaster instead like SR3 had been.

If that's the case they might be holding it back on purpose to reveal after the new game as they know people won't buy it over a Saints Row 2 remake/remaster. It costs money to produce this as they're no longer doing this of their own volition (haha) so they will probably want some money out of this now.
Yeah.... No.

The reboot is their full focus and have told people on multiple occasions that the patch is being worked on in the developer's free time which means they're doing it OFF company time, the patch is a labor of love and they're adamant on sticking to Idol's promise. Also, Volition does not handle remasters and they have them outsourced to another studio.

Yeah.... No.

The reboot is their full focus and have told people on multiple occasions that the patch is being worked on in the developer's free time which means they're doing it OFF company time, the patch is a labor of love and they're adamant on sticking to Idol's promise. Also, Volition does not handle remasters and they have them outsourced to another studio.
If the reboot was their full focus then the SR2 patch is in deep shit... Seeing that the reboot is boring as hell and just barely playable (super cool not being able to destroy target cars, for example!) I have lost all hope for the patch.

Saints Row is dead, and I guess soon Volition will be too. Releasing boring games with braindead bullet sponge enemies one after another just isn't a viable strategy.
We don't even know at what state the current build of the patched version is. What if it's even broken than the original release? Who would fix it? We have a bunch of talented modders in the community but I don't think they would do that. The best option is to "hire" some people to work on the patch from the community. That's the best option imo.
Of course as a staff member you'd be against anything that benefits the players :=) Saints Row 2 is a buggy piece of shit that could be made playable for free but no. No no no. Got to wait until they can reboot it and ask $99 for a special edition for a game that barely works (again).

That's if the company still exists after the latest bug-ridden piece of shit...

Back