Saints Row 1 & 2 Remaster

I'd much prefer a fix done with love and care than a shoddy remaster.
I agree completely. I wouldn't want a shoddy remaster.
Btw Quantum. Have you ever tried to play GTA San Andreas after you were disappointed by GTA 4? It seems to be pretty close to what you are looking for in a game.
It's not that I don't like the GTA games. Their sandboxes are awesome, and I've spent many hours in the GTA open worlds (I actually love riding the subways in GTA 4). They are very technically complete with lots of things to do. But they are always based on a real location. I much prefer the creative fictional locations of the SR series. Particularly in SR2, they created these spectacular locations like the Pyramid (very James Bondish), Stilwater Canyons, and even that huge underground mall! We don't see jaw-dropping locations like that in GTA. And in SR2, you can return to all of those locations when the campaign is over, which is extremely important to me. I think the later SR games dropped the ball on being able to return to cool locations, a problem which many mods have tried to remedy (e.g. Sandbox+ and my elevator mods).

I guess I see what you mean. The main goal of R* with GTA was always (after GTA 3, at least) to parody the American way of life to an extreme degree. So when it came to the location, their main focus was on making the cities accurate. Even if I would still argue that some GTAs managed to pull off the thing with the interesting locations, there's no denying that SR2 pulled it off better in most regards. The Pyramid is just much more interesting than any of the military bases in SA, the mall in SR2 is much better than the mall in VC, in SA there's a drive-in theater, in SR2 there's also a drive-in theater but the twist is that there's a secret passage that allows you to crash through the silver screen, and so on. But let's not forget that SA and VC are at a disadvantage as they are really starting to show their age, while SR2 is holding up fairly well.
If only R* still had the ambition they had 15 years ago.

I'm grateful for the SR3 elevators & open doors mods, btw.

I'll try to stop my rant about Cock$tar now. Been off topic for way too long.

Back