Saints Billboards v1.0A

Saints Billboards v1.0A/Initial Release
So you've beaten the game. Probably a long time ago. Now what? Now Steelport is open for the Saints to expand to their heart's content. Shouldn't they be doing some good ol' marketing and advertising throughout the city?

This modification is meant for those who have finished their games since those who have no idea of the story might find one or two things in this modification spolierish. But then again, there is no hard and fast rule. Putting the files in won't break your game.

Enough with the chit-chat, this modification was made solely for my personal use but I found it quite selfish to just keep it to myself so I decided to release it. The modification introduces several new bill boards in the city with their focus solely on the Saints, as the title of the modification suggests. I have NOT changed all of the billboards since:
1) it would've been unrealistic
2) it would've been unrealistic. Thats right. I don't want to kill the game's originality entirely.
Its actually good to have a variety of billboards which fit into Steelport.

All new billboards are twice the size of their original counterparts so as to balance between quality and gameplay FPS.
There's a bonus LED screen too, which has one of the stock Syndicate's textures changed. So that makes a total of 5 textures.

filedetails

32F4B7A49C0E7BB0EC0A3650C877F5D4AA588B76

021447DA27074ADAFBDB6203434C77E67D636251

D7946B52C1B800C240B98719239AA2746E2B3F17

4A37101C643595C672F378EF38D8D5BFDFE5AD58

673BFC0705FE9AC8C1202977601B15631E649AA5

Bonus LED

8E7C9CE5AE263879199DB935D57B96374ADB8C03

Credits:

- Volition Inc. for most of the concept art included, onto which I improvized. Oh, and for making the most fantastic games ever.

- Idolninja for Billboard Texture Toolkit v2

- My creative mind

Additional Notes:

- You may replace any billboards of the same type as you like by renaming. But BE WARNED: I suspect billboard_3count_a_d.tga.DDS, billboard_mbrawl_b_d.tga.DDS, billboard_ps_b_d.tga.DDS, billboard_pspierce_b_d.tga.DDS, billboard_psshaundi_b_d.tga, billboard_stag_1_d.tga.DDS, billboard_stag_2_d.tga.DDS and billboard_stag_3_d.tga.DDS are either multi-UV enabled or have VIDs enabled. These specific billboards have the tendency to change pertaining to your gameplay progress so keep that in mind if you're going to reshuffle textures.

- SAINTS BILLBOARDS V1.0A by Dhruv and Volition Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

- I have not fiddled with the LODs since I believe many of the users have Hevon's HD texture mod installed and including the LODs would not only add to the headache but might break Hevon's mod as well if installed incorrectly.

Please read the readme included before installing.

Thats all. Enjoy.

Attachments

• SAINTS BILLBOARDS v1.0A.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 7,603
Last edited:
Ooooh, nice!

A question, though: Why'd you make the Readme a .PDF file instead of a Notepad document?

Also, the instructions are kinda confusing. I mean, what files do you copy to .../work_area_dds/ before the mod files?

Last edited:
Ooooh, nice!

A question, though: Why'd you make the Readme a .PDF file instead of a Notepad document?

Also, the instructions are kinda confusing. I mean, what files do you copy to .../work_area_dds/ before the mod files?
a. Install toolkit mod. Get the files from "original_textures_dds" folder and paste them in "work_area_dds".
b. From Saints Billboards mod, get the mod files (excluding the "Screens" folder) and again put them in "work_area_dds", overwriting all files it prompts.
c. Proceed as stated in the Readme.

Ah, okay. Thanks

Omg yes any plans for doing more of these billboard things because these look awesome.But one problem I cant get the lcd bonus one to work it doesn't seem to change or touch the original, one at all it looks the same but the rest work fine i hope you make more.

Last edited:
Omg yes any plans for doing more of these billboard things because these look awesome.But one problem I cant get the lcd bonus one to work it doesn't seem to change or touch the original, one at all it looks the same but the rest work fine i hope you make more.
That is because I changed just one of those LEDs.

Is it possible to have the billboards change as you do missions? starting at the original billboards and the saints ones as you progress?

Back