SPOILERS Roll back the Zin after beating the game

So for all who have beat the game, or come close, you might notice that the Zin start to get rather aggressive in the troops they send out. With those rolling bots, tanks, the super powered Zin and shields.

It's rather annoying because you don't get the gold on cannon fodder Zin you fought earlier in the game. Now yes I know you character is strong with all it's power and what not but it feels more annoying. Also you don't seem to fight as many before the Warden appears. I think earlier in the game I had to fight through a lot of Zin before a Warden would appear, now it seems I kill about 5 (okay more but you get the idea) and the Warden appears.

I know it seems weird, but just a personal preference. It does also make the challenges a little more annoying to earn, such as using Death From Above on the Zin, as there aren't as many to attack and they are much stronger now.

It would be cooler to find a way to toggle this, but that might be pushing it.

I second this, i'm trying to clean up the challenges after beating the game now and it's tough, all the jet pack guys and those giant turrets are making it a chore. Plus I generally liked how it was before anyway, so I think this would be a nice little option for people.

I second this, i'm trying to clean up the challenges after beating the game now and it's tough, all the jet pack guys and those giant turrets are making it a chore. Plus I generally liked how it was before anyway, so I think this would be a nice little option for people.
Completely agree, I just finished doing all those challenges postgame and it was definitely a chore.

So for all who have beat the game, or come close, you might notice that the Zin start to get rather aggressive in the troops they send out. With those rolling bots, tanks, the super powered Zin and shields.

It's rather annoying because you don't get the gold on cannon fodder Zin you fought earlier in the game. Now yes I know you character is strong with all it's power and what not but it feels more annoying. Also you don't seem to fight as many before the Warden appears. I think earlier in the game I had to fight through a lot of Zin before a Warden would appear, now it seems I kill about 5 (okay more but you get the idea) and the Warden appears.

I know it seems weird, but just a personal preference. It does also make the challenges a little more annoying to earn, such as using Death From Above on the Zin, as there aren't as many to attack and they are much stronger now.

It would be cooler to find a way to toggle this, but that might be pushing it.

While I enjoyed the difficulty of the end of the game and loved the game overall, the most fun I had was during the mission where the hordes of gang members swarm you until you complete the mission. That was awesome! I think I spent two hours, no joke, fighting around the city with the two super-homies I had at that time!

I would love to see a number of changes to the notoriety system.

First I would like to see the notoriety stages take much, much longer to progress through, that way I can spend more time having fun wrecking on weenie mobs (and thats why we play a game like this, to feel like a super-bad-ass, right? At least that is one of the main draws for me, there are other games for high challenge I can play if that is what I need at the moment.)

Second, as the notoriety stages progress I would like to see increased numbers of weak enemies spawning with the occasional strong enemy added in as the stages progress until in the final stage they are throwing everything at me.

Third and finally, I would like the final stage of notoriety to last longer before the warden shows up. I hated that the instant I got to the final notoriety stage the warden came down. I loved during Saints Row The Third that I could fight hordes of enemies until I got sick of it (then I had to run away or call it off which was anti-climactic). I really love the addition of a warden boss battle to finish the notoriety chain but I wish I could fight for longer before that happened.

I suppose, as I sit here thinking about it, frosting on the cake for me would be that those stupid rolling turret robots never, ever spawn. ever again! I hate those damn things! They added nothing to the fights for me but aggravation.

I suppose, as I sit here thinking about it, frosting on the cake for me would be that those stupid rolling turret robots never, ever spawn. ever again! I hate those damn things! They added nothing to the fights for me but aggravation.
they wouldn't be so bad I they took SOME damage fom the armored areas and their heads spun a lot more slowly. you NEED superpowers to get on the other end of them and even then they just spin their heads around after like 1 second.

Oh yeah I did forget to mention, like Rovaeden, I wish sometimes we didn't have the Warden. Now don't get me wrong, I love fighting him, it's fun and there are times I want him to show up. But back in Saints Row 3 I sometimes sat there for over an hour fighting 5 star enemies, something that you just can't do.

The earlier Zin when it's a few ships here and there and the trucks (well the equivalent of) I would love to sometimes just grind through them, especially since through most of the game I only used melee cause I loved watching the upper kicks and what not. Seriously I fought hand to hand for a large part of the game

Last edited:
Fifth'd. I absolutely HATE those rollers, and I also really enjoyed just killing swarms of "grunts," now I get a few minutes of destruction, kill a warden , and start over.

does anyone else feel like they ripped the death balls from the impossibles?
Freeze them. Shoot them in the green area in the back of the head.
2 shots with the Disintegrator.

Freeze them. Shoot them in the green area in the back of the head.
2 shots with the Disintegrator.

Thats not the point.

They are still an annoying enemy even if they have a gimmicky "mechanic", if you can even call it that. They are stupid for so many reasons. If the Zin can produce armor that is impervious to harm.... WHY THE F*%@ didnt they just build everything out of that material? Its certainly not a rare material given the rate those stupid rollers spawn at the end of the game! Why did they need one little weak spot at the back of thier heads? Again, stupid design for the sake of a gimmicky mechanic. It would be less immersion breaking and less retarded overall to just make the roller very durable and get rid of the weak spot all together.

There are other reasons that the rollers are stupid as implemented but im not gonna write a book about it and anyway the thread is not about the rollers but about requesting a mod that changes the notoriety and enemy spawns as far as I understand it.

Back