I know this is a Saints Row forum, but at the time of posting there is no real official red faction forum, additionally factionfiles is pretty much locked from registering due to using captcha v1, which renders it locked from creating new accounts.

So down to the question at hand - Why are we unable to fly the AAX flyers in Red Faction Guerilla? This has been bugging me for a while now. I've personally tried to put one of the EDF flyers in the safehouse spawn points but it seems they're always locked or you can't actually enter them. Trying to change another vehicle into a flyer type crashes the game if you approach said vehicle. Is this a hardcoded thing for AI only, or was there just no programming in place for players to pilot these vehicles?

If it's the latter, well I find it funny since I recall seeing some lines for controlling these vehicles while digging around in the code, there are even entry points and animations for entering and exiting the flyers themselves.

I don't know if these forums are still monitored by any staff at Volition, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks

They're not made for us to fly period. That's why the game crashes if you approach them. By looking at the .xtbl files that were extracted from the game, they're not designed for us to fly, even civilians aren't allow to fly them.

Back