Remove wrist item restrictions?

I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I'd just put it here(sorry if it's in a wrong spot). I haven't seen any mods to do so, but it's possible right? Considering there's a mod to remove the hat/underwear restrictions, wouldn't it work the same way?

I just always wore the hobo gloves and it bugged me that you couldn't wear wrist items with them or other gloves.

In customization_items.xtbl , you can go to the particular item (in this case - CUST_ITEM_CF_LLJ_HAND_F_LTHRGLOVES for the Hobo gloves) and remove <Obscured_slot><Slot>left wrist</Slot></Obscured_slot> and <Obscured_slot><Slot>right wrist</Slot></Obscured_slot>.
You can either use a mod that has a modified customization_items.xtbl, or you can use Minimaul's tools to unpack misc_tables.vpp_pc in your Saint's Row folder and edit it with Notepad++.

Typically they obscure things like that because there are clipping issues on some items (Hobo Gloves + Murderbrawl Arm Gauntlets for example has slight issues.)

I'm awfully sorry if this is a stupid question, but is editing this file going to somehow interfere with the multiplayer?

I'm awfully sorry if this is a stupid question, but is editing this file going to somehow interfere with the multiplayer?

I don't think it would cause a problem. But if for some reason it did - all you would have to do is move customization_items.xtbl to a different folder before playing MP, and then put it back when you were done.

Since you answered my last question, I figured I'd ask this one. There are certain wrist items that are only on one arm(for instance, the right wrist exclusive Wristband from Leather and Lace). I assume it's a unique custom mesh situation so what I'm about to ask won't work, but is there a flag you can remove or add or something like that to make it available for the left wrist as well?

Since you answered my last question, I figured I'd ask this one. There are certain wrist items that are only on one arm(for instance, the right wrist exclusive Wristband from Leather and Lace). I assume it's a unique custom mesh situation so what I'm about to ask won't work, but is there a flag you can remove or add or something like that to make it available for the left wrist as well?
Not that I know of. Changing <Slot>right wrist</Slot> to left wrist just changes where it shows up in the store. If there's another way I haven't read about it.

Back