Remove the 'digital wave' effect from buildings/walls/etc?

Is this possible?

I tried using the 'noglitchcity' cheat, which, combined with IdolNinja's great mod, works great but only gets rid of the digital haze effect around objects (cars, guns), it doesn't do anything for the walls...

If a mod for this could finds its way forward.... or maybe even point me in the right direction, I might try my hand at modding...

Last edited:
my guess is that, like the time of day, it was there to tell a story. They don't give you the ToD override until the end of the game because, by design, they wanted the game to start at midnight and slowly reach dawn by the end of the game. In the same fashion, they wanted the glitch effects to be present at the beginning and steadily get worse as the game progressed. The film grain meanwhile has no real effect on the story.

However, they should've made it an unlockable as well, instead of a cheat. Same goes for changing all the Zin propaganda and the rest of Steelport back to its SR3 appearance. I'm still hoping that they make the latter DLC so that it won't be necessary to mod it in.

my guess is that, like the time of day, it was there to tell a story. They don't give you the ToD override until the end of the game because, by design, they wanted the game to start at midnight and slowly reach dawn by the end of the game. In the same fashion, they wanted the glitch effects to be present at the beginning and steadily get worse as the game progressed. The film grain meanwhile has no real effect on the story.

However, they should've made it an unlockable as well, instead of a cheat. Same goes for changing all the Zin propaganda and the rest of Steelport back to its SR3 appearance. I'm still hoping that they make the latter DLC so that it won't be necessary to mod it in.

Wait, the glitchy effect only can be turned off with a cheat? I didn't know about that, but at the same time I agree with you. Should've made it as unlockable or have a toggle option in the menu, because person like me don't like to touch the cheat section at all.

in the vanilla game you can only turn off the pixelation for most things with the cheat, but it will toggle back on every time you boot the game. The above mod turns it off permanently and is the preferred solution. The pixelation on buildings so far has no solution unfortunately.

Back