Remove 1 Item Of Clothing Restriction?

UPDATE: Managed to get shoes and sunglasses in Image as Designed by editing certain clothing items in customization_items.xtbl as bra and underwear categories. However, doing so removes the actual bra and underwear. Something, somewhere is telling the game that there can only be 1 bra and 1 underwear at any one time. How can this restriction be removed? Also, I appear to have found the location of the IAD background in ui_bms_store_iad.xtbl, but I can't for the life of me, find anything to do with Gateways including the bright background image in the packfiles. If I could just find an answer to those 2 questions, my request would be resolved and this seems like a far more achievable solution than actually adding a personality menu in the Gateway which would most like require a script mod of some sort.

Not sure where this mod advice thread should go, so I just posted it here as a mod hasn't actually been created yet. Move it to the right area if need be. I also tried searching as well, but didn't see any topics on this.

I recently started playing SR IV and I am enjoying it. However, one small gripe I have with the game is that there is no way to change compliments and/or taunts of the main customizable player outside of Image as Designed. Unlike gender reassignment, facial body and voice changes which all involve surgery, compliments and taunts do not. So it doesn't make much sense to have them locked away behind the plastic surgery store.

I have dabbled in creating a few mods for my game already which work just fine, but I was wanting to find out what sort of mod would be required to have compliments and taunts appear in the Gateway for the player to change just like with the homies. Could this be achieved with an XML tweak or is this script mod territory?

The reason I want to apply this change to my game is two-fold. Firstly, i'd like to be able to more easily change compliments & taunts on the fly as I progress through the game finding a suitable compliment & taunt for that particular stage of the game and secondly, I would like the option of doing poses in the gateway with my male and female characters wearing specific outfits (including with shoes on) and having the optimal lighting and zoomed in full body view which is not possible in Steelport (even after dabbling with multiple camera mods).

If this game modification is not possible at all, is there any way to have the main character wearing the shoes they're currently wearing in the Steelport in Image as Designed (rather than being barefoot) and for the Image as Designed character customization screen to have same bright light background as the Gateway?

Last edited:
Back