Rebalanced Vehicles

[GoSP] Jon

Screw you all
I'm working to make the vehicles have more appropriate speed and physics for their type.
It always bugged me how sluggish the Peacemaker, Vtol, and Specter were.
Checklist:
-Improve Peacemaker speed (now tops out around 125 mph, still need to adjust gear ratios)
-Improve Specter speed in Airplane mode (done. now goes 140 mph instead of 70)
-Improve Vtol speed in Airplane mode (soon to come, have not been able to get it working)

Attachments

• bike_jet01_veh.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,386
i always thought that the vtol and spector seemed a bit slow aswell
but i never really noticed anything wrong with the peacemaker

once you get it working, any chance for a file with just the upgrade for vtol and specter?
will they also work on the saints and ultor versions of them

seriously, the specter is my favorite vehicle ever XD
you have no idea how many ive exploded

Bmhur1 said:
Really? I was looking for those speeds and whatnot earlier, where are they?
The peacemaker's top speed is 85 mph. I changed it to 125. The Spectre normally tops out at 70 mph. I changed it to 140. It's still perfectly controllable, and it's a hell of a lot more fun like this.
The VTOL's top speed is 100 mph. That's really slow for a jet. I'm trying to change it to around 200 mph, but the change for the VTOL doesn't seem to do anything. I modified the plane's drag coefficient as well, no noticeable difference.

kreekgod said:
i always thought that the vtol and spector seemed a bit slow aswell
but i never really noticed anything wrong with the peacemaker

once you get it working, any chance for a file with just the upgrade for vtol and specter?
will they also work on the saints and ultor versions of them

seriously, the specter is my favorite vehicle ever XD
you have no idea how many ive exploded
I already have the file done for the Specter, I'm thinking I'll just release this individually in this thread so people can have fun with it

please do, do want!
:twisted:

Edit:

Just tested it

i compaired the spector to the ultor intercepter, which is basicly the same vehicle with a different name and colorscheme

the specter is faster now in flight mode, this is a good thing, though i like the intercepter apearance better im more interested in the specters speed

will add more thoughts once i test it against the vtol

I mentioned this in chat, but I'll say it here too. I love the Spectre even more now with this mod. It is pretty much the perfect speed now.

my compairisons and thoughts:

i ran a few proformance tests
i did a simple strait race, from the helicopter pad on the saints hq to the wall of the duel building directly infront of it
results:
interceptor (control for base spector) mad the trip in 16-18 seconds consistantly
spector made the trip in 11-14 seconds consistantly

the vtol made the trip in 14ish seconds (i didnt test it quite aswell)

thoughts: i like it, though it does seem a little strange that the specter is now just a fraction faster then its jet like counterpart, i hope you manage to figure out how to get the vtol to work, and look forward to trying it out

good work was done here today, the spector nolonger feels as sluggish as before and i feel like theres now a point to going into jet mode with it

Hi there all!

Kinda my fist post here.. anyway, I'm a bit surprised noone here (yet) said anything about bikes handling, ie the way it "takes corners"; turns left or right and even just avoid traffic is really a pain in the arse! (that's allowed, right? :p )
Anyone tried going hi-speed on the wrong side? I mean, I'd like to explore a bit more the city in two wheels but for now that's pretty difficult.

Yes, the vtol is lots of fun, it's great, cars speed I can't really complain, but I'll take any improvements you guys can share.

I've registered so I can say this, and of course help in any way I can!
Also, I should say I'm just at the beggining, 25% or so, according to the save account.

Thanks and keep doing what you do :D

You know what really bugged me? The flight controls. You can't move your mouse, and I'm so use to flying with a mouse.=/

Back