Re: Saints Row SDK

Hi there, Volition,

I had some questions regarding the Saints Row SDK and thought I would ask here. I consider SRTT and SRIV to be almost a unified product. For example, when you want to play one of the greatest superhero games on the market, you play SRIV. But when you want to play one of the best gangster games on the market you play SRTT, but it is still hard to imagine one without the other, if that makes sense.

Which brings me to my question: Will there still be an SDK for SRTT? Personally I feel there is still merit in making one for SRTT mainly because these two games each have their own individual game play and both are fascinating to play. It's pretty hard for me to pick a favorite and I like to play them both for different reasons. I'm sure a lot of the fans feel the same way I do. Releasing the SDK for both games mean we could have the best of both worlds.

Which brings me to my next question: Will we ever see a debug/dev console along with the SDK as was shown in your videos on YouTube? I really believe it would be beneficial to recreate one for the fans to use, for the following reasons:

The Modders could more efficiently test their mods out if they had access to a console. Also, using a built in console is a great way to see the inner workings of a game. Even if you're not a Modder you could still have a lot of fun with the console, using it to create your own scenarios in the game.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day at Volition to read this and for making the modding tools! I completely understand if the answer is ''no'' to a lot of the above since most of these things would be no easy feat to accomplish. I have been a longtime fan of your games and am looking forward to Agents Of Mayhem.

P.S. If you are reading this (and even if you don't work for Volition) it would still be cool to hear what you guys think about the above!

Both questions have been asked before and the answer was "If we have time for it". I got the impression that the SRTT SDK is a bit more likely to happen than the console, but don't get too hyped up about it.

Back