Rare Dead Homie Glitch - Please Help!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for some time now, and decided to join today.

A few months ago, I was playing Saints Row 2. My two homies were Troy and Zombie Carlos. However, Carlos wouldn't get out of his car, so I tried shooting him to get him to get out of his car. He eventually did, but he was hostile and was fighting Troy and I. I eventually had to kill him, and now whenever I do, it always says the number is unavailable.

I tried posting this on another Saints Row forum a few months ago, but nobody wanted to help. Does anybody know if this can be fixed? I think if someone called Zombie Carlos for me while we're playing on co-op, it could work, like for SR3. I play SR2 on the Xbox 360. If anybody's willing to help, I can send them my gamertag.

As I recall, he should eventually become available again after a certain length of gameplay, like any "dead" homie. But it's been a while since I played.
That's what I thought, too - but I've seem to come across an uncommon glitch that locks him out of use, or something. I play the game nearly every day, and have played at least 50 full hours of the game since I killed him. The message his phone leaves is unique to other dead homies - something on the lines of "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is not in service. Please hang up and try again." and "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is invalid, please hang up and try again."

That's what I thought, too - but I've seem to come across an uncommon glitch that locks him out of use, or something. I play the game nearly every day, and have played at least 50 full hours of the game since I killed him. The message his phone leaves is unique to other dead homies - something on the lines of "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is not in service. Please hang up and try again." and "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is invalid, please hang up and try again."

Here's a trick that works for SRTT. It may also work for SR2 as well. Play coop with a friend who has the homie unlocked, and have him call them in. Save your game, and it should make them available for you.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for some time now, and decided to join today.

A few months ago, I was playing Saints Row 2. My two homies were Troy and Zombie Carlos. However, Carlos wouldn't get out of his car, so I tried shooting him to get him to get out of his car. He eventually did, but he was hostile and was fighting Troy and I. I eventually had to kill him, and now whenever I do, it always says the number is unavailable.

I tried posting this on another Saints Row forum a few months ago, but nobody wanted to help. Does anybody know if this can be fixed? I think if someone called Zombie Carlos for me while we're playing on co-op, it could work, like for SR3. I play SR2 on the Xbox 360. If anybody's willing to help, I can send them my gamertag.

Same thing happened to me but instead of troy it was pierce, i miss my homie. after he glitched out in the car i shot at him and eventually set the car on fire which brought him out but when he came out he was attacking us and i had to kill him, but now i cant call him no matter what. i can call everyone else just fine but him. standing in the middle of the road, the sidewalk, the purgatory it doesnt matter. this was at the beginning of the game but its nearly the end of the game now i see he's still alive and well in missions but outside of it he just doesn't wanna show up. and i dont think Co-op works anymore unfortunately if anyone even still plays this amazing old game.

Back