Random Game Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the game so far but the random crashes are driving me insane.. Always happens after a mission too which means I gotta redo the entire mission.. Really annoying as waited ages for this games and they are compeltly random. I play vanilla too (no mods)..

Please follow the instructions explained in this thread here so that the dev team can better track down these crashes.

Ah yes sorry..
Event log
Code:
Faulting application name: atieclxx.exe, version: 6.14.11.1143, time stamp: 0x5154efc9
Faulting module name: atieclxx.exe, version: 6.14.11.1143, time stamp: 0x5154efc9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002ea19
Faulting process ID: 0x3a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea065d0bac3c9
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
Report ID: 0eb39b9d-0c59-11e3-be85-0015833d0a57
Faulting package full name:

BTW although the error doesnt say SR IV its the only app error I had at the time of crash seems graphics died and it only happens playing SR IV.

Attachments

• mine.txt
    447.2 KB · Views: 993
Vherostar, try reinstall your Video drivers.
The file that's crashing, ATIECLXX.exe is an external events handler for ATI, leading me to believe that something is corrupted with your drivers.

Gonna try new beta drivers anyway but its weird I only had issues with Sr IV no other game.. Thought it was related until i saw the error and thought the same as you thought maybe the game was crashing my graphics driver somehow.. Anyway hopefully updating driver will fix..

NM you can ignore that log it obviously has nothing to do with my random crashes as it has just done it again.. Just before starting a race always happens when its about to hit a loading screen before or after a mission. Nothing in the logs this time about an error just got steam saying steam failed to start this game as its already running. This is with the new BETA AMD drivers I just installed BTW. Its getting rather annoying and its random aswell never the same mission or after a certain amount of time.

Nothing in the logs this time about an error just got steam saying steam failed to start this game as its already running.

So is the game just disappearing? Or at you actually getting the ".. ran into a problem and needs to close" dialog? If you are getting the actual crash dialog, there WILL be a log in the Event Viewer.

If its just disappearing this could be more complicated.

Edit: Two things

1) Your msinfo32 does show SaintsRowIV.exe event log entries, though the data is incomplete. Please find the actual SaintsRowIV.exe crash log in the event viewer and post as explained.

2) Your msinfo32 shows you have a Stardock product installed. These products, due to how they manipulate the windows interface, can cause problems. Please disable your Stardock product and try again, and see if the crashes continue.

Last edited:
okay the stardock product is start8 a start menu replacement as windows 8 doesnt some with a start menu if that can really affect it I guess I could remove for a while. There is no crash log in event viewer unfortunetly.. Also to your main question it just goes off yeah then I get the error on steam the game cannot run as its already running. Always when its about to hit a load screen. Never get the ran into a problem and needs to close dialog unfortunately..

EDIT - Update I run and app called Raptr that records how long i play games for etc.. and has an in game gui similar to steams I think that may be the problem it used to cause issues back with batman arkham city. I just played for 2 hours with no crashes will keep you updated.. For now I would advise people to turn Raptr off when playing SR IV.

Last edited:
I havent had any crashes since I started minimizing the game every time I noticed my graphics card fan running at 100%. I had a lot of problem in the mission where you rescue Matt because it would keep crashing during the vehicle areas. I was able to successfully pass through the mission once I paused a few times here and there, alt tabbed, then tabbed back in and kept playing.

My graphics card load via gpu-z is at almost 100% for this game, which is unusual since most games leave a big overhead unless Vsync is turned off, but Vsync is on? Perhaps this is the problem, I noticed my fan continues at 100% even when menus are open.

I havent had any crashes since I started minimizing the game every time I noticed my graphics card fan running at 100%. I had a lot of problem in the mission where you rescue Matt because it would keep crashing during the vehicle areas. I was able to successfully pass through the mission once I paused a few times here and there, alt tabbed, then tabbed back in and kept playing.

My graphics card load via gpu-z is at almost 100% for this game, which is unusual since most games leave a big overhead unless Vsync is turned off, but Vsync is on? Perhaps this is the problem, I noticed my fan continues at 100% even when menus are open.

Nah that is definitely not the issue my 7970 can easily handle this game at low loads. Like I said it didnt happen on other games I'm suspecting its Raptr as its not happening anymore but if it does again I will update this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back