Radio station changes when trying to taunt/compliment

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
While in the open world, if you are moving the left thumbstick at all (even slightly) while holding the dpad left/right, then instead of doing a taunt or compliment it will change to the next/previous radio station instead. If you stand perfectly still before pressing the dpad then the taunt/compliment triggers correctly. When the radio station changes because of this, it does not bring up the radial at all. It just happens. This is a frequent occurrence since I will often run towards an npc/alien and attempt to taunt when getting close.

This bug occurs on the PC while using a 360 controller. I have tested this on an actual 360 and that works as expected. i.e. the radio only changes while holding down B for the weapon radial and using LB/RB.

There's an open bug up for this, I'll comment that you're getting this too ;)

I've had this happen too but I didn't know it was related to the left thumbstick. Thanks for confirming I'm not insane. lol

While in the open world, if you are moving the left thumbstick at all (even slightly) while holding the dpad left/right, then instead of doing a taunt or compliment it will change to the next/previous radio station instead. If you stand perfectly still before pressing the dpad then the taunt/compliment triggers correctly. When the radio station changes because of this, it does not bring up the radial at all. It just happens. This is a frequent occurrence since I will often run towards an npc/alien and attempt to taunt when getting close.

This bug occurs on the PC while using a 360 controller. I have tested this on an actual 360 and that works as expected. i.e. the radio only changes while holding down B for the weapon radial and using LB/RB.
I've found if I want to change the radio stations on foot without bringing up the radial (standing still or moving) I have to hold down the D-pad buttons, and only inconsistently can I do taunts/compliments. It's really strange...

As a patch suggestion I'd suggestion disabling the dpad radio changer completely. The radial is fine, and it will stop conflicting with taunts and complements. (That's how I found it too, and never knew it was for in a car)

Back