Character Customization questions for 3d designers/item slot code

Hello all! I searched for classic lingerie and stocking mods but couldn't find anything. So i figured i can just try to change fancy fishnet’s slot to underwear so i can use it with skirts. I changed the <slot> values to underwear in the ”customization_items.xtml” file but that didn’t work for some reason (i read that this method works perfectly for SaintsRow4). Fancy fishnet is still at the lower body slot.

After some research i thought i can copy and paste its 3d design to an already existing underwear but the problem is i don’t know anything about 3d design stuff. But i gave it a shot and tried this guide with SR3 tools:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/retexturing-saints-row-iv-for-dummies.4059/

Unpacked the fishnets cpeg_pc(with gpeg), copied the maps, changed their name properly for the underwear i chose, pasted them to underwear's cpeg_pc... long story short, i did everything properly (then again i don’t know 3d modeling, how maps work, i might messed up pretty bad) but when i tried to see the underwear, my clothes kind of locked themselves. I couldn’t chance anything at all (this only happened when i tried to see the new item). Then i changed everything back to original.

So i am confused, how can 3d designers define an items slot which they created? If it’s <slot> code, i did that too. Or did i do something wrong or incomplete when i tried to copy design maps with re-texture tools? Any ideas how to do this? Thanks!

In some cases changing a slot of an item won't work in the game. It's hardly coded somehow (not sure why and how it works. Most of the time I spend modding SR4 so some mechanics of TT are weird to me). Also if you want to change underwear to lingerie by editing just a texture is um... not the best option.
my clothes kind of locked themselves
If you edit a texture of an item keep in mind the texture size has to be the same or smaller as the original one. Otherwise it won't load or will softlock your game. Also did you update your asm_pc file?

I used ASM-Updater tools. And i think i forgot the remove ".str2_pc" at the end of the custmesh file, i'm not sure. Thanks for your help, i'll try changing slot values in SR4 to confirm if it works and maybe try to re-texture some other items in different slots.

Modding SR4 is easier because you can ADD new clothing items but in TT you have to replace and it's super limited because of the file size.

I tried re-texturing bigger sized items. Just no underwear was big enough so i went with a jacket. Result was mix between the "Modern Unbuttoned Dress Shirt" with "fancy fishnets" but it kind of worked. If there was an underwear custmesh file big enough that would worked perfect.

I also tried changing <slot> values for "fancy fishnet" in SR4 and it worked! Here is my killer nurse:
sr4udwr.png sr4maid.png

thanks again for your time and help.

Last edited:
Back