Question regarding Linux preformance for Saints Row 2

I found out that Saints Row 2 is available in the Steam sales for 3 bucks and I figured I'd get it. Problem is that I heard it preforms poorly on Linux and even Windows. Is there a way to fix that, and will Gentlemen of The Row work for the Linux version?

It's not a port, game use some custom Linux wrapper, so this are Windows port problems + emulator problem https://www.gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/saints_row_2_for_linux
I like how I get an answer only after I already bought the Linux version. xD It seems to run fine but it's a bit skippy so I'm now wondering if Gentlemen of The Row would work with the Linux version and fix these issues.

(I also want to know how I can rip sounds from SR2 on Linux also...)

So Gentlemen of The Row works but the thing is that the optional mods I chose don't appear in the game at all.

Linux works great and I found a way to install GoTR. Install wine and use it to run the .bat script. You use that to build the patch and then you need to copy the 3 files it builds into your sr2 directory.

Linux works great and I found a way to install GoTR. Install wine and use it to run the .bat script. You use that to build the patch and then you need to copy the 3 files it builds into your sr2 directory.
There needs to be a post made for directions on how to use Wine with GoTR on Linux.

Back