Preloading effects, animations and sounds

Since we can preload models now, could we get the possibility to preload new effects ? I'd like to get some of SR3 effects into the game . And also anims and sounds, it's necessary for some sort of weapons I'd like to make .

It would work the same as models, you'd make a vfx_preload_containers.asm_pc file containing your new entries and then you'd make an effects_preload.xtbl containing your new entries . It could be like that :
<root>
<Table>
<Effect>
<Name>youreffectname<Name>
<Container>effectcontainername.str2_pc<Container>
<Effect>
<Table>
<root>
And for the animations, you just toss the anim files in the mod archive or in a new container (then it would need another asm) and you'd get another xtbl like for the effects but it would be named animations_preload.xtbl and would be like this :
<root>
<Table>
<Anim>
<Name>youranimname<Name>
<Filename>animationfilename.anim_pc<Filename>
<Anim>
<Table>
<root>
Then for the sounds, you'd have to make a new soundbank containing the new sounds, again you'd toss the filesin the mod archive or in a new package (then again you'd need another asm), then you'd make a new audio_banks.xtbl containing your new entry :
<root>
<Table>
<NewEntity>
<Name>YourSoundbankName</Name>
<wwise_id>YourSoundbankwwiseid</wwise_id>
<streaming>True</streaming>
<load_at_boot>True</load_at_boot>
<ram_bank_xbox2>False</ram_bank_xbox2>
<ram_bank_ps3>False</ram_bank_ps3>
<ram_bank_pc>False</ram_bank_pc>
<cacheable_xbox2>True</cacheable_xbox2>
<cacheable_ps3>True</cacheable_ps3>
<cacheable_pc>True</cacheable_pc>
<ram_size_xbox2>0</ram_size_xbox2>
<ram_size_ps3>0</ram_size_ps3>
<ram_size_pc>0</ram_size_pc>
<dlc_framework_id>-1</dlc_framework_id>
<_Editor>
<Category>Entries</Category>
</_Editor>
<voice>False</voice>
</NewEntity>

That's all I could think of . I made all of this by looking the already existing tables, and trying to make everything simple . The only problem I could see is maybe for the Wwise id, don't know if you can make one yourself or if it's different, but I could be wrong .

The preload.xtbl file can preload any container at all. I don't think the animations can be handled currently just due to how the animation library works, but you can load any file you want. Some things that require more than just loading such a table file entries will need to be addressed individually of course. We need to make a list of things for sure.

Back