Preloading custom effects, anims and sound

I am reposting this here since it seems this part of the forum we should use now .

Since we can preload models now, could we get the possibility to preload new effects ? I'd like to get some of SR3 effects into the game . And also anims and sounds, it's necessary for some sort of weapons I'd like to make .

It would work the same as models, you'd make a vfx_preload_containers.asm_pc file containing your new entries and then you'd make an effects_preload.xtbl containing your new entries . It could be like that :
<root>
<Table>
<Effect>
<Name>youreffectname<Name>
<Container>effectcontainername.str2_pc<Container>
<Effect>
<Table>
<root>
And for the animations, you just toss the anim files in the mod archive or in a new container (then it would need another asm) and you'd get another xtbl like for the effects but it would be named animations_preload.xtbl and would be like this :
<root>
<Table>
<Anim>
<Name>youranimname<Name>
<Filename>animationfilename.anim_pc<Filename>
<Anim>
<Table>
<root>
Then for the sounds, you'd have to make a new soundbank containing the new sounds, again you'd toss the filesin the mod archive or in a new package (then again you'd need another asm), then you'd make a new audio_banks.xtbl containing your new entry :
<root>
<Table>
<NewEntity>
<Name>YourSoundbankName</Name>
<wwise_id>YourSoundbankwwiseid</wwise_id>
<streaming>True</streaming>
<load_at_boot>True</load_at_boot>
<ram_bank_xbox2>False</ram_bank_xbox2>
<ram_bank_ps3>False</ram_bank_ps3>
<ram_bank_pc>False</ram_bank_pc>
<cacheable_xbox2>True</cacheable_xbox2>
<cacheable_ps3>True</cacheable_ps3>
<cacheable_pc>True</cacheable_pc>
<ram_size_xbox2>0</ram_size_xbox2>
<ram_size_ps3>0</ram_size_ps3>
<ram_size_pc>0</ram_size_pc>
<dlc_framework_id>-1</dlc_framework_id>
<_Editor>
<Category>Entries</Category>
</_Editor>
<voice>False</voice>
</NewEntity>

That's all I could think of . I made all of this by looking the already existing tables, and trying to make everything simple . The only problem I could see is maybe for the Wwise id, don't know if you can make one yourself or if it's different, but I could be wrong .

EDIT : Could we also get an add clusters function for the cheats ? Many people are asking an Add Clusters cheat for the Additional Cheats mod I ported ?

So with the following enough we could add/ change our animations?
Its so funny that under Taunts & Compliments they didn't add a Walking Style & Running Style
I believe, but with the development of AOM, they don't get enough time to include these (If anyone saw this) .

I believe, but with the development of AOM, they don't get enough time to include these (If anyone saw this) .
Its funny cause at the beginning of SR4 your locked into a Walking Style...when I was making my Game Concept I remember someone saying the Customization was going to as far as your Blood-Type (Made some messed up character), but looking it now we still didn't get a game that allows you to choose your Walking & Running Animation and this is what people mod
- Standing/Walking/Running/Crouching/Covering/Aiming with Your Weapons
- 1-Hand: Both Hands on Handle, At the Hip, Angle-Gangster/Outward/Up/Down, Melee-Up/Down
- 2-Hand: Rifle/Shotgun-On Handle & UnderBarrel, Rifle/Shotgun-On Handle & VerticalGrip, Chainsaw/Gatling/Flamethrower-LeftHandle & RightGrip/Opposite
- Dual-Hands: Left/Right Arm Extension-Both/LeftHalf/RightHalf, Angled-Gangster/Outward/RightsideUp/UpsideDown, Melee-BothUp/BothDown/LeftDown/RightDown
SR2 once had fighting style, but for SR4 they could have done Sprint Takedowns from SR3 & SR4 and allow players to choose between Sprint Moves and Fist Melee Combos like the Destroy the Generator Animation...that is something to do.

I just want how does this work?

Back