'preload.xtbl' file

AFAIK you might as well put all of them together in a single container.
Using the preload.xtbl file doesn't work quite right at the moment, probably due to a bug with how memory is stored. I *think* you still have to specify your container(s) in an ASM_PC file, but it doesn't have to be one that's meant for preloading assets.
There is an issue with trying to load into the effects preload or the item preload pool. I have a fix for that locally and it will be in the next build.

Well, other *.xtbl files reference container names with a simple 'Name' tag. Also tag names tend to start with capital letters (except for 'root'), so you might want to change 'preload' to 'Preload' if you're going for consistency.

Next patch follows this naming convention. I've updated my posts in this thread to reflect that.

Preloading animations is possible now if they are just in a str2 file that is preloaded. Preloading soundbanks will take some work. Audio is a special child as far as streaming goes and doesn't use str2/asm files at all. I'll probably just expose a lua function to load a soundbank or something. Maybe add a table file parsing for loading them as well just to make things easy.

Back