Pre-Order DLC's

Admixon

When I watched a new trailer/musical (it was great btw) I saw this:
4Fo49iU.png

Great! 2 DLC's for pre-order! Let's go buy it on Steam...
vwXn5OS.png
What?!
I don't understand. What does it mean? Where is "Plague of Frogs Pack"? Is that only for PS4 and XBOX ONE? Or maybe I should buy pre-order of re-elected?

:mad:Thanks Volition :(
Well, there is this:
Possibility of Plague of Frogs being released as mod

But whether or not it can be fully implemented, effects and all, on par with the official DLC remains to be seen.

Steam does allow for similar promotions where owning two games gives a certain DLC/whatever. Us not getting it is basically the game itself needing updated on PC to support it I would guess. It sucks, but that's understandable at least. Perhaps the modding update would allow for it, but in that case, it might as well be officially added. So yeah...

For what it's worth on the exclusivities front, maybe to give a shred of hope, there is now a way to obtain the Grass Roots 'Merica skin, though the GOTC upgrade it's in is $9.99. Which is fine if you don't have the other DLC already but eventually it should be dirt cheap. At least there exists a way for everyone to get it, now if only Valve would get over their exclusivity obsessions... Everyone could buy/get the TF2 shit for IV/TT.

As for Devil's Workshop? Well, who knows if it's truly exclusive or just timed (the only good kind of exclusive.)

Given how they released the impaler to show off the weapon SDK, I wouldn't be surprised if the clothing SDK included one or both of the outfits. As for the weapon, I suspect it would require a change to the exe so it's probably not gonna happen. Then again, it's basically a grenade launcher reskin, so someone could probably use the weapon SDK to turn the GL-G20 from EtD into a rapid frog launcher after the expansion comes out.

Ehhh, I rarely ever do pre-orders now. Back then, you used to pre-order games to ensure you would get a copy before they ran out.

Nowadays that isn't an issue, and pre-orders are just attempts to get people to fork over money before reviews can tell you anything.

Back