Possible to change fighting styles of pedestrians?

Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to mod the game so the non-gang pedestrians had a different fighting style, like one of the gangs. Is there any chance the fighting style could even be randomized?

Looking into modding the game again, wondering if anyone has figured anything out in this regard. I tried giving some civilians melee styles and gang personalities but neither of those worked.

Enable "Pedestrian War" cheat it will cause all civilians (except ones that sit down or are made to flee) fight everyone and everything. So far they have a arsenal of weapons and melee on my patch, but I can't figure out how to fix rifle animation bug looks. You can add weapons to civilians (one handed firearm/melee only and no special so far the animation is bad) by changing it in spawn_info_ranks.xtbl. In Saints Row III and IV because of Professor Genki (special civilian spawn) civilians gain the ability animation to use shotguns, rifles, launchers and more. That is not the case in Saints Row 2, add SMG, Pistol, melee weapons to civilians only.

Last edited:
Actually there is a way, if you use the extractGUI in the Thomas Jepp SR tools you can open the common file which hold information about NPC groups like Bikers or Students, just copy from a gang file and paste it in the NPC file it should end up something like this.

Code:
<root>
<Table>
    <Preset>
        <Name>npc_biker_male</Name>
        <Character>npc_biker_male</Character>
        <Spawn_Info_Rank>Civilian - Normal</Spawn_Info_Rank>
        <Team>Civilian</Team>
        <AI_Personality>civilian tough</AI_Personality>
                <Melee_Style>Brotherhood</Melee_Style>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Entries</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <Filters>
            <CharacterType>biker</CharacterType>
            </Filters>
        </Preset>
    </Table>

<TableTemplates>
    </TableTemplates>

<TableDescription source="character_presets_desc.xml">
    </TableDescription>

<EntryCategories>
    <Category>
        <Name>Entries</Name>
        </Category>
    </EntryCategories>
</root>

Now with the <Melee_Style>________</Melee_Style> entered you can chose which fighting style for this group of civilians to have (Brotherhood, Ronin or Samedi)

Back