Porting Workshop SR4 Harley Quinn Classic Bodysuit Mod to SR3

Basically i'm trying to port this clothes mod of Harley Quinn Classic Suit from Saints row iv workshop to saints row 3, right now i'm trying to port it by first extracting this .vpp_pc file that came from workshop, then extracting it's custmesh file(suit only, i don't need a hat) and swapping the files from it's this custmesh with the corresponding files in ultor assassin suit custmesh file which i also extracted, then i repack it back into custmesh file name it after ultor suit's custmesh file and put this packed .str2_pc custmesh file in the main SR3 folder along with untouched Harley quinn custmesh from this workshop mod just in case, i also put .cmoprh_pc file in main folder that came with this harley mod both original Harley's one and a one renamed to cm_suit_cyphersuit_pc.cmorph_pc to correspond with Ultor assassin suit, then when i enter SR3 and try to wear this costume i don't get anything, i mean my character doesn't become nude it's just changes my outfit back to the one i'm wearing right now, so i'm not sure what's the problem and what i do wrong? And also i'm not sure what to do with customize_item.asm_pc file that came along with this Harley Quinn mod, or i don't need it at all?
It's just the first time i mod any saints row game at all so i'm kind of confused at what i'm doing wrong here, if anybody can help me and explain me how to port it properly i would be grateful :)
I really want this mod in SR3 cuz' i played the whole SR4 with it and wanna play through SR3 with it aswell. ;)

The filesize will have to be pretty much the same as the vanilla outfit, textures may be too high res and too large in size for SRTT.

The filesize will have to be pretty much the same as the vanilla outfit, textures may be too high res and too large in size for SRTT.
Hm, well i'm not sure it's possible to make it the same size, Harley's .gpeg_pc size is 19 mb size, maybe that's the problem, and i don't even know how to edit textures in SRTT to resize them

But i'm also not sure what's .asm_pc file is for

The asm handles textures in a way, it needs to be updated to work with edited textures or meshes.

Why are you modifying my mod without asking first :( I have no plan to port this mod, but ok you can do it yourself.

Yes, textures are the problem, but what matters is the final size of the packed .str2_pc . The Harley file is almost 8mbs, and the most complex clothing str2_pcs in SRTT are around 1.5mb. If the ported file is bigger than the SRTT vanilla file you wanna replace, the item wont show up.

And also i'm not sure what to do with customize_item.asm_pc file that came along with this Harley Quinn mod

You dont need it, since that asm only works with SR4. What you have to do is:

-Unpack my mod str2_pc, extract textures, make them smaller, and repack the gpeg_pc
-Unpack any SRTT vanilla str2_pc, which in your case is the cypher outfit.
-Rename my unpacked files (cmesh, cpeg_pc, etc) to the ones extracted from SRTT, and replace the vanilla extracted ones.
-Repack the the SRTT str2_pc with the modded files and update its respective asm_pc. Considering you are replacing a dlc item, you will need the asm_pc from that dlc.

Use this tool to update asms:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/vipers-updated-asm-updater.13994/

I figured it was for private use, if I had thought it was for an upload I wouldn't have helped without Beauti's input first.

Why are you modifying my mod without asking first :( I have no plan to port this mod, but ok you can do it yourself.

Yes, textures are the problem, but what matters is the final size of the packed .str2_pc . The Harley file is almost 8mbs, and the most complex clothing str2_pcs in SRTT are around 1.5mb. If the ported file is bigger than the SRTT vanilla file you wanna replace, the item wont show up.

You dont need it, since that asm only works with SR4. What you have to do is:

-Unpack my mod str2_pc, extract textures, make them smaller, and repack the gpeg_pc
-Unpack any SRTT vanilla str2_pc, which in your case is the cypher outfit.
-Rename my unpacked files (cmesh, cpeg_pc, etc) to the ones extracted from SRTT, and replace the vanilla extracted ones.
-Repack the the SRTT str2_pc with the modded files and update its respective asm_pc. Considering you are replacing a dlc item, you will need the asm_pc from that dlc.

Use this tool to update asms:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/vipers-updated-asm-updater.13994/
Ok everything seemed fine until i got to repack part, basically i tried to repack .str2_pc file with Gibbed tools but i doesn't work at all, gives some strange error in command prompt, here's what i put in a batch file
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe custmesh_-1058837135.str2_pc custmesh_-1058837135
@pause
Then i tried to repack with ThomasJeep tools tools by using the GUI version of repacker, but it doesn't have SRTT in the list so i selected SR4 but i guess they are incompatible because i get the error when i try to update ASM updater with it, Saints Row modding is pretty confusing thing i must say, like really.

P:S I used the gibbed tools from this link https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/attachments/gibbed-tools-rev-96-7z.9683/

Did you also unpack the mod with Gibbed tools in the first place?
To succesfully repack them with Gibbed tools you will have to unpack them with Gibbed tools.
If the folder you're trying to repack has a @streams.xml file, you unpacked them with Gibbed tools, if not, then you used other tools like ThomasJepp. Gibbed tools need that @streams.xml file to repack successfully.

Did you also unpack the mod with Gibbed tools in the first place?
To succesfully repack them with Gibbed tools you will have to unpack them with Gibbed tools.
If the folder you're trying to repack has a @streams.xml file, you unpacked them with Gibbed tools, if not, then you used other tools like ThomasJepp. Gibbed tools need that @streams.xml file to repack successfully.
Yes i used ThomasJeep to unpack these archives first and that was the whole problem, thank you!
Now it finally works ;):)
95CA5FD8CC266871F421BB1DE787177DDCF56E54

47300AD36414DAD19BC8803352340D6272AA59C4

Back