Vehicles Port sr4 vehicle models into sr3

What I'm trying to achieve is to replace sr3 PEACEmaker with sr4 PACEmaker (and maybe some other cars later).

I've looked into str2 files for both games and tried to replace cvtf/gcar/ccar/gpeg/cpeg files from rs3 by the files from sr4. I updated asm, put moded files into the game, but all it did is just broke the car spawn. It didn't spawn at all.

I'd like to have some advice and some info about those cvtf/gcar/ccar/gpeg/cpeg files so atleast I knew what I'm doing.

P.S.
My english is very potato so I apologise in case I said something wrong.

Because it's not that simple. Some vehicle data is stored in vehicles_preload.vpp_pc so you need to update files in this vpp too. Will it work? I don't know. No one ever successfully ported a car from one game to another but gut luck.

Vehicle files between sr3,sr4,gooh are different. So you just don't can pack ccar/gcar file in sr3 srt2 archive because game just don't can read that file. Game don't have instructions for reading file format from sr4 in sr3 or sr3 in sr4.

Man, I hope you're able to successfully do it, It would be so awesome!

So, I've been reading through a bunch of threads here for a few days in search of solution, and I guess such mod is impossible yet. I was able to get a mesh from gcar file, but as I can see we don't have tools to convert this mesh back to gcar. These games are more than 8 years old and we still can't push modding to it's full potential. This is just sad.

But I think it's possible to replase a baseball bat model with a tank cannon or something.

So, I've been reading through a bunch of threads here for a few days in search of solution, and I guess such mod is impossible yet. I was able to get a mesh from gcar file, but as I can see we don't have tools to convert this mesh back to gcar. These games are more than 8 years old and we still can't push modding to it's full potential. This is just sad.

But I think it's possible to replase a baseball bat model with a tank cannon or something.
Are you aware of SDKs? Workshop support? You can add new clothing and weapons for SR4, Steam version of the game even has workshop, for TT you can use SDK tools to replace clothing, weapons or even NPCs. There were bigger plans tho, more SDKs like vehicle modding but due to layoffs many of the Volition employees who worked on the SDKs don't work at Volition anymore.

Are you aware of SDKs?
Yes, I am. I wrote about replacing baseball bat because of that. Didn't knew about plans for future tho. It is cartainly awesome that we can change/replace weapons, clothing stuff like that, but I wanted to replace a car in a first place. Still, I do hope we'll get tools for that in the future. That's why I wrote that mod is impossible YET. Until that time I'll just try to make something else.

Back