PLEASE let me turn off superpowers.

As the title says...if anyone figures it out before I do, PLEASE find a way to turn off super-powers.
As soon as I got them in the game, the game for me was ruined. I love the shooting mechanics, I love driving and flying and being a person who just so happens to be really good, the superpowers ruin everything...and I hope there's an easy way to disable them, or at least disable them outside of missions.

I'm sure I'm a minority, but I personally miss Saint's Row 2, not this "fun" that gets shoved down everything, it's too draining, too much crazy just means you get overloaded, you need some friggin' normalcy...

There are the cheats "nosupermove" and "nosuperpowers" to turn off your superpowers, but I believe they flag your save as cheated.

Because I didn't intend or want to use cheats in my game at all, I'm just looking for a way to get rid of super-powers, and simple google searches don't seem to hint there's an off-switch. Until King of Swing replied, I didn't even know there was a way to turn them off at all in game, sheesh, sorry.

I think this could still be made into a mod. It would be more convenient to press a button rather than go through several menus and back.

Because I didn't intend or want to use cheats in my game at all, I'm just looking for a way to get rid of super-powers, and simple google searches don't seem to hint there's an off-switch. Until King of Swing replied, I didn't even know there was a way to turn them off at all in game, sheesh, sorry.

I think what you want, is what I want - the ability to toggle super powers on/off via hotkey (like assign num+0 key as the master key to toggle them on/off on the fly. It's a pain in the butt to have to go into the cell phone, go to extras, superpower cheats, and toggle them on/off manually and then exit the cell phone. It's so slow a process that I find it just easier to keep them on all the time. But of course that sucks for when I don't want to run as fast as a bullet or I just need to jump to a normal height without the super jump. Even when I barely press the space bar it makes my character jump too high for when I want to do just a normal jump.

Another cool idea would be to have the superpowers/abilities merged to a user-defined superhero outfit and have that superhero outfit be what's toggled on/off. So let's say I want to be Clark Kent and be normal, I wear any plain clothes in the game that I purchase from Zin clothing stores throughout the game world and my character is your normal everyday man. But I also pick out a superhero costume as well for my character from going around to Zin clothing stores and create my superhero outfit by "tagging" certain clothing items. These "tagged" items are stored in memory even saved to a file for the future so if you quit the game and replay it, it will remember your customized superhero outfit. This was done in Skyrim with some "quick inventory" mods that let you mark/tag clothing items in your inventory and assign them to a hotkey. Would be great if lets say, 10 items can be marked/tagged in the game - including skin tones/colors.

Imagine creating a skinny white girl character that looks like a plain Jane that's very flat chested and scrawny and just very weak/frail looking. But you go to one of the cosmetic surgery centers in the game and you mark/tag your superhero size, strength, weight, sex appeal, hair type/color, skin color, etc. and these will all be saved into memory and saved to a file for future playing sessions, including any outfit or clothing items you want your superhero to wear.

So lets say my character is this plain Jane female and she wears a simple skirt, simple top, sandals, etc when she's "normal". Then some jerk assaults my character by running into her with his car (which happens in the game from time to time I've noticed). My character gets injured and angry at this so I press the assigned hotkey and she transforms into the She-hulk, with green skin color, huge powerful muscles, huge boobs, wearing a purple skimpy thong, long black hair instead of her usual short blonde hair, and she has all the super powers/abilities toggled on making her truly super. Now she's able to leap higher than skyscrapers and come smashing down creating tons of destruction and completely decimate anyone in the game world with ease. Then when I'm done having fun smashing up things and the jerk who assaulted me with his car I revert back to normal by pressing the hot key again. Then she's goes back to her normal plain Jane self - vulnerable and frail as she was before she hulked out. There's even a cheat to make your character huge so this could be added in as well and saved to memory along with clothing and cosmetic selections just to make the size of your hulk-type character even more impressive.

Not really sure if any of this is possible but it would be cool as hell if it is.

Yeah, a hotkey definitely would be important...I can go with the magical powers and stuff, those don't break my immersion at all, I just hate the mobile super-powers, I wanna have a reason to use helicopters and cars and stuff. More fun for me that way, this game is all about fun, no?
I notice as well that some of the old locations you used to be able to climb up, you can no longer, so perhaps they 'nerfed' moving normally entirely... =/

Gonna bump this one because it was the first thought that hit me when I acquired super speed and was unable to sprint normally. (would make sense to be able to sprint inside a structure, shop etc without face planting into a wall :3.)

And I agree that toggling on and off through the phone will break the immersion and kill the fun entirely.

Back