Permanent Daedelus

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
As requested by Nerd³, this mod simply loads the Daedelus chunk permanently so it will always hover above the city when you load the game.

Install:
Extract the contents of the archive to your sr3 install folder where the sr3 exe is.

How it works so you can modify it yourself to load in other different chunks:

misc.vpp_pc contains sr3_city.lua which initializes the city. The mod simply adds the following line to the sr3_city_main() function:
city_zone_swap("daedext1", true) -- swap in the daedalus exterior

That line of code above comes directly from the final mission m23.lua when the Daedelus spawns in. So, knowing this you can search each mission lua for the "city_zone_swap" function and see the names for other mission chunks you can use. You should also be able to look at sr3_city.lua and see how different city states are setup following missions and just copypaste that section of code into the sr3_city_main() function to permanently override. Neat, huh?

I'll probably update this when I have time to include the other STAG ship (the Thermopoly) as well to replace the cracked in half version.

NOTE: This is the same principle I used to load in a permanent heritage festival, prison riot, and Brotherhood tanker chunk as optional mods in GotR for SR2.

EDIT:
Nyx2k has improved the mod and added the Thermopoly and other things here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114

Attachments

• daedelus_permanent_IdolNinja.rar
    2 KB · Views: 4,954
And it's possible to "reboot" the game by adding:
sr3_teleport_mission_start("m01", false)
mission_unlock( "m01" )
mission_set_next_mission( "m01" )

Or any mission.

I wonder what consequences on the city and the saves it would have, given that all missions are supposed to be done and the city is already in its endgame state.

I managed to take the knight avatar appearance too (by using boss_battle_matt_set_player_as_avatar(ENABLE) ), but the skeleton is not loaded and I didn't find how to do it.

The knight avatar mesh just probably needs to be preloaded. I'll take a look and see if I can get it to work.

That's extremely cool that you can revert missions back that way. I'll do some testing and see how it all reacts with a completed save.

As requested by Nerd³, this mod simply loads the Daedelus chunk permanently so it will always hover above the city when you load the game.

Install:
Extract the contents of the archive to your sr3 install folder where the sr3 exe is.

misc.vpp_pc contains sr3_city.lua which initializes the city. The mod simply adds the following line to the sr3_city_main() function:

That line of code above comes directly from the final mission m23.lua when the Daedelus spawns in. So, knowing this you can search each mission lua for the "city_zone_swap" function and see the names for other mission chunks you can use. You should also be able to look at sr3_city.lua and see how different city states are setup following missions and just copypaste that section of code into the sr3_city_main() function to permanently override. Neat, huh?

I'll probably update this when I have time to include the other STAG ship (the Thermopoly) as well to replace the cracked in half version.

NOTE: This is the same principle I used to load in a permanent heritage festival, prison riot, and Brotherhood tanker chunk as optional mods in GotR for SR2.

EDIT:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114
IdolNinja is there maybe a way that you can leave the helicopters etc. on the Deadalis?

IdolNinja is there maybe a way that you can leave the helicopters etc. on the Deadalis?

Many of us have tried. All have failed.

I never did check if the mission replay mod sets that back correctly after the right mission is replayed though.

Install:

EDIT:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114
Is there a way to undo it? I have deleted the sr3_city.lua file but the Daedalus is still there...

Is there a way to undo it? I have deleted the sr3_city.lua file but the Daedalus is still there...

You would have to manually edit the sr3_city.lua file include with this mod and change this line:
city_zone_swap("daedext1", true)

TO

city_zone_swap("daedext1", false)

Then, just save your game after loading it. After that you can safely delete the mod.

Back