Past Gangs Spawning Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this mod I'm going to make the past enemy gangs that have characters and cars, spawn in the city.
The Morningstars will spawn in the Downtown area.
The Brotherhood will spawn in the south of Carver Island (Southwest), and in Aprice Island
The Ronin will take the south of Stanfield (Northwest), and the northwestern part of Carver Island (Southwest);
The Deckers will spawn in the North of Stanfield (Northwest);
The Vice Kings will cruise in New Colvin (Northeast).

Seems like the Brotherhood is going to share their turf because I've also found some Sons of Samedi cars/grunts. ;)

Notoriety spawning chances are for the moment around 0%.

This mod will also:
- spawn customized cars more frequently;
- make gang colors selectable when customizing your own cars (I doubt that that's nessecary as you can aswell just supersprint/jump, but still as a nice add);
- make the pacemaker police car spawn standard;
- make the new exotic peacemaker spawn on higher notoriety;
- make the other cars with a saints variant spawning (Eiswulf, Peacemaker, Hammer);
- change some car engine sounds to something more fitting;
- make the people from 50's SteelPort (PleasantVille) spawn.

When the SDK is released, this mod will also:
- add new variants for cars,
- make some variety in gang/police cars
- and many more shit you couldn't even dream about!

Progress sofar:
- The Gangs are spawning
- Cops have the SR:TT Peacemaker
- 50's people spawning
- 50's cop cars spawning
- Gang colors available at Rim Jobs for Body, Trims, and Rims
- Notoriety increases slower, but decreases slower aswell
- Skinballs, tigers, questionmarks, skeleton guy, craftminer, toilets, blowupdolls and those ronin 2d cars from the sidescroller mission (yes, they are NPCs) should now spawn now.
- Main Files Folder, for people that want to make tweaks to their own likes.
- Added Sons of Samedi and Decker spawns pre-mission 14.
- The traffic now goes a lot faster. Set default speed to 25 instead of 10, and highway speed to 65, instead of 20. Superspeed traffic FTW. :D
- Changed the spawn_Driver_Hearse group's car to the black variant of the Betsy, it fits better as a hearse.
- Added more colors to distant peds & distant cars (the peds & cars you see spawning 3 blocks ahead of you).

I'M DONE WITH THE MOD AND THERE'S NO FURTHER NEED FOR THIS THREAD!!!

See the Mod Release subforum for the official release/download:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/past-gangs-spawning-mod.5869

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to this mod! While Sandbox+ has been said to change the single line of code that makes aliens spawn and switch them with gangs, this'll be a much more fleshed out mod.
There are a few things I disagree on in what you're going to do after gangs and cars- One is changing the car engine sounds as that's too unnecessary. Another would be the reward peds- sure, it'll be cool to see someone like that, but in the end it'll be a little unnecessary.
However, the core concept of making past gangs spawn in certain neighborhoods is solid and I'm fully supportive of that. Good luck!

Really looking forward to this mod! While Sandbox+ has been said to change the single line of code that makes aliens spawn and switch them with gangs, this'll be a much more fleshed out mod.
There are a few things I disagree on in what you're going to do after gangs and cars- One is changing the car engine sounds as that's too unnecessary. Another would be the reward peds- sure, it'll be cool to see someone like that, but in the end it'll be a little unnecessary.
However, the core concept of making past gangs spawn in certain neighborhoods is solid and I'm fully supportive of that. Good luck!
Only a few cars will get a different engine sound I think.
But you don't want to shoot the fuck out of Cyrus, Veteran Child or all the other *enemy bosses from the past (excluding Westside Rollerz and Los Carnales)? :eek:

Sounds great, I was really disappointed that no gangs were around, only boring generic aliens.
Any chance this mod could also replace the weird rent-a-cops with the cops from SR3?

Sounds great, I was really disappointed that no gangs were around, only boring generic aliens.
Any chance this mod could also replace the weird rent-a-cops with the cops from SR3?
If we have the Police Model from TT in IV.
npc_cop
npc_cop_1950s
npc_cop_1950s_sheriff
npc_cop_50s_NatGuard
npc_cop_alejandro
npc_cop_iory
npc_cop_john
npc_cop_jones
npc_cop_mayweather
npc_cop_security01_mw
npc_cop_security02_mb
npc_cop_security03_mh
npc_cop_security04_ma
npc_cop_sniper
npc_cop_SWAT01_mw
npc_cop_SWAT01_mw_s
npc_cop_swat_riot
npc_cop_swat_riot_s
npc_cop_swat_sniper
npc_cop_swat_sniper_s

Since Cyrus and Veteran Child are homies in SR:IV, I would say no.
They still did bad things to you and your gang in the past so if you feel the need to kill them no matter if they're also available as homie, I'd go for it. ;)

EDIT: Only thing I'm concerned about is if there's enough space for making character alts...

2013-08-25_00003kms8x.jpg

Replaced all SR4-Cops with John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back