Past Gang Spawn: Four Kings Reincarnation

Past Gang Spawn: Four Kings Reincarnation (V0.2)

NEW UPDATE! Alternate Boss Behaviour (optional)

Added a new optional behaviour for the bosses. The difference between the optional and the originals are:
Original
+ Bosses can do Super Jumps
- Bosses less likely to use firearms
- Bosses don't use Super Takedowns

Optional
+ Bosses more likely to use firearms
+ Bosses use Super Takedowns on NPC (pedestrians & Saints crew)
- Bosses don't use Super Jumps

So far I'm still unable to identify a behaviour which allows the Boss enemies to use all of the superpowers, so for now you guys just have to choose your favourite behaviour of your enemy bosses.;)

Version 0.2
  1. Bosses now uses firearms! (Just keep wishing that they don't spawn with a Rocket Launcher o_O )
  2. Applies to both shield and no shield version.
*NOTE: Patched version for 0.1 removed due to several crashing issues.

Description
This mod is actually a simple addition to Miku Hatsune's Past Gangs Spawn mod (which is still in-progress). Recommended to be used on post-campaign (can be used before completing too if you want some challenge~) :D
It spawns gangs from previous games such as The Morning Stars, The Ronins, The Sons of Samedi, The Vice Kings & The Brotherhood. The only difference of this mod from the original one is it adds in the Head Honcho of each gang along with the gangs (except The Brotherhood for reasons which will be explained later).

The Gangs & Bosses
Like Miku's version, the gangs will spawn at their respective locations even if the territory is fully controlled by The Saints. They won't attack you on sight, BUT a single gunshot (regardless whether it hits anyone or not) is enough to trigger an all-out attack from the opposing gang members.

About the bosses, they will only spawn one at a time at their respective territory. It's pretty easy to spot them. In the minimap, the will ALWAYS appear RED (law enforcers appear blue and gang members appear pink unless provoked). They also have their shield activated all the time so u know its them when you saw an NPC with a shield walking around the area.

It is advisable NOT TO ENGAGE the bosses early in the game (not until you obtained at least 'Blast' superpower) considering they have shield like the Zin Wardens and an insane amount of health. Oh, and they have other superpowers, too.

Gangs & Locations
The Morningstars (Phillipe Loren) - Downtown (Center)
utad.jpg

The Brotherhood & The Sons of Samedi (Mr. Sunshine) - Carver Island (Southwest)
rky1.jpg

The Ronins (Jyunichi) - Stanfield (Northwest)
uigv.jpg

The Vice Kings (Big Tony) - New Colvin (Northeast)
qn1y.jpg

Installation
Unzip everything into "\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\"

Compatibility
This mod is INCOMPATIBLE to any mod that has the same files as this mod, especially the character.xtbl, spawn_info_categories.xtbl, spawn_info_groups.xtbl & spawn_info_ranks.xtbl.
(But compatible with my <Destructor> for Saints Crew mod. Overwrite the <Destructor> for Saints Crew mod's gang_customization.xtbl over this mod's gang_customization.xtbl)

Also, this mod will PROBABLY be good until Volition releases any DLC which makes Donnie a working NPC. (The reason will be explained below)

Limitations/Known Bugs
  1. As mentioned by Miku, the amount of characters which can be generated in the character.xtbl file is somehow limited (and somehow I used up every slot available and if I add any new lines the game will crash).
  2. Because of the reason above, I had replaced Donnie's entry in character.xtbl with one of the gang boss. Therefore any mods which make use of Donnie is totally incompatible with this one. (Somehow only Donnie's lines can be replaced. Tried replacing William Sharpe's, Crashed :confused:)
  3. Also, Due to the reason stated earlier, I can only generate 4 bosses max. Thus, The Brotherhood are unable to have their Boss. They will be ruled by Mr.Sunshine considering Sons of Samedi & The Brotherhood shares the same territory. (Plus only Maero & Donnie are the available Brotherhood unique NPC. Maero joined The Saints, and Donnie's a good guy~)
  4. Bosses won't spawn with weapons and will only attack using superpowers & melee attacks. (Solved in Version 0.2)
Future Plans
  1. Find a workaround to make this mod more compatible with other mods. (Finding a way to add more characters instead of replacing Donnie) Any experienced modders would like to help me solve this issue please pm me. I would appreciate it alot! :)
  2. Make the bosses able to use weapons. (Solved in Version 0.2)
  3. Let the boss drop a huge amount of cache when killed.
Credits
Miku Hatsune for the original Past Gang Spawn mod. In fact, 90% of this mod was Miku's work. I just modified some lines onto the original mod. :p
GPZ for checking the error on the previous character.xtbl file.

Attachments

• SRIV PGS Four Kings Reincarnation V0.1.rar
    57.5 KB · Views: 842
  • No Shield Unpatched.rar
    27.4 KB · Views: 555
  • SRIV PGS Four Kings Reincarnation V0.2.rar
    57.5 KB · Views: 924
  • No Shield 0.2 (Unpatched).rar
    27.5 KB · Views: 604
  • SR4 PGS 4KR alternate behaviour.rar
    43.6 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
This is a great version of the mod! Thnx a lot. I just had an epic battle in downtown with Loren and his goons and out of the blue - Genki showed up. So I came up with slight variation of the spawn_info_categories.xtbl file where I increased the chance of Genki showing up for about 30% for maximum random chaos (I believe a separate mod that increases Genki chance already exist on this site but now we have both gangs, bosses and Genki running around causing chaos)

Attachments

• spawn_info_categories.xtbl
    453.4 KB · Views: 875
Lol! Lucky that the buildings in SRIV are indestructible. If not, the virtual Steelport will turn into a wasteland in a few seconds! :D
Thanks for sharing the tweaked version of the spawn_info_categories.xtbl file :)

I don't want boss have warden shield but replace warden shield with more health :) (sorry for bad english)

Last edited:
Kids, play nice.

What about Mayro from the brotherhood?. I wouldnt mind if you put him where you put the Brotherhood.Would be awesome to fight a Mr. Sunshine and Mayro :)

Back