Other than trying to kill you, what cardinal sin did 'he' commit?

Other than trying to kill you, what cardinal sin did Dex commit?

I just don't fucking get what the big deal is, and I feel like an idiot.

I'm very sure Dex betrayed the gang and the protagonist, so, considering the protagonist is violent in SR2, he goes on a total revenge about it.

That might be Dex's "cardinal sin", betraying both the gang and the protagonist. Serious business.

At the end of Saints Row, it is shown that Troy is an undercover cop, and Julius is just off shore when Mayor Hughes' yacht explodes with you on it. In Saints Row 2, this is expanded upon with a recorded phone conversation of Dex calling Troy out as a cop, and then says he's doing nothing and leaving for Ultor. Another couple of phone recordings show that Troy had a hand in Julius' arrest, and had blackmailed him to try and convince you from continuing any further activity in the gang, but Julius decides to set a bomb in Hughes' yacht instead. The 3rd Street Saints may seem like a crazy, disjointed family at times, but they are a street gang above all else, as reinforced in the first two games with the gang quote "Blood in, blood out" being said a lot by the Saints. Dex betrayed the Saints by taking up his job at Ultor and not warning you or Julius, thus letting Troy and the Stilwater PD arrest Julius, Gat and any of the Saints that didn't drop their flags. So, due to Dex not acting upon his knowledge, he's indirectly responsible for your coma, Gat's jail-time, Julius' disappearance, and the Saints' disbanding. You could also say that he had played a hand in Dane Vogel's rise and plans for Stilwater, as it's shown in SR2 that Dex is in direct control of the Masako. He uses them to try your's and Julius' lives in the "Revelation" bonus mission, as well as Eric Gryphon's (the new Ultor CEO) life in the "Corporate Warfare" DLC mission line in an attempt to grab control of Ultor for himself.

TL;DR: Dex is a sellout, and a dick.

Pretty much.

Back