SPOILERS Opinions on Female Voice Three (Spoilers Mabye?)

I thought I might just create a post to share my opinion on things within the game (I use forums sporadically so if I've posted this or something incorrectly let me know). I usually get defensive of characters I play as (unless, you know, they suck) and I would love more games that allow for a more personal connection, and character customization works well in this context (Not many MMOs fulfill this) as it helps create a unique experience with every player. Despite issues I enjoy Saints Row and its expansive customization, I have not played 2, I have it on pc, my preferred platform right now, but like people stated, its an awful port, and I assume mods definitely help, but in general, I want to get the best experience out of it, so things like optimization mods of the game, screen resolution and sound (Now it may not be possible, but an article on the forum spiked my curiosity).

None the less, I love the idea of a more personal character, from creating a bad ass female to things as simple as hair styles and clothes with GTA 5's Franklin to Witcher 3's Geralt (both games I look forward to getting). In this and Mass Effect however, I don't really the male character or the voice actors that much, and I have yet to find customization for it I find appealing, so I prefer a female Boss at the moment.

Kinsie drives me crazy due to how I roleplay my characters. I like to feel like I have an intelligent character, so some of the writing infuriates me. I am doing a second play through with female voice 3, the Southern Accent, and I am surprisingly having a rather enjoyable time with the character. The unique lines she says feel witty and smart, and even universal lines they say during cut scenes sound rather fluent and sophisticated with the tone and pitch of her voice and line delivery.
Obviously overall it depends how you design and interpret your character, the appearance modification and the pitch slider make for some ridiculous combinations, but I do my best to make a normal character, and I try to be careful with face morphing so it doesn't look off when animated in cut scenes. Unfortunately since some animations are shared with the male character, female animations always look off at some points, which is an annoying oversight.

All the characters animate well outside of cutscenes, but there is an annoying dissonance with how NPC's like Asha, Shaundi or Pierce move in cutscenes, and some awkwardness stiltedness and lacking flexibility in how the Boss moves. A weird shoulder bash instead of allowing for some more flexibility in how your character fights, like a high kick other characters do, feels a little off, same with the gestures and expressions being identical no matter the type of character you create.

The worst example is the Super Powered Fight Club, the preview is hideous how it deforms the characters face and body. I do try to ignore these things, and I understand Volition can't work around everything, so it's not a huge issue. Anyway I think I'm done expressing my point, and I'm interested to see what anyone has to say, I obviously typed a lot, so to anyone who manages to read this, much appreciated!

Last edited:
Ah also, I put spoilers just in case there are any discussions about in game events, which since I finished the game, would be happy to talk about.

Female voices 2 and 3 both sounded fake and silly to me. The Russian voice in SRTT also sounded fake, but was a decent comedic performance and was particularly hilarious in Insurance Fraud. I couldn't take either of the alternate female voices in SR4 for long. I miss Rebecca Sanabria.

I done three playthroughs, each with a different female voice and ended up really liking the third, I didn't like it to begin with but it grew on me.

I miss Rebecca Sanabria as well, I thought before the Inauguration Station hit Steam that I could keep some kind of continuity between SR2, TT and IV. Ah, well. Also, loved the occasional Spanish blurtings ("Dios doname la fuerza para no matarlo" in SR2 to Pierce was priceless).
Anyway, I played with female voices 1 and 3 - Laura Bailey was the last continuity gap I held onto during my first playthrough "porting" my boss from TT to IV. Very enjoyable but Voice 3 grew on me more than I expected, I'm on my second run with it. It oddly fits.
Yet,I still miss my goth/psycho Asian Boss with Spanish accent :(

EDIT: if for any unearthly reason they'll ever bring back Rebecca Sanabria as a DLC voice, I know I'll just empty my wallet on the damn Store :D

Last edited:
I've liked Laura Bailey ever since a moment in Bloodrayne, I'd sliced off a Nazi's arm and he was running away screaming as it laid there on the ground, and Rayne said: "Uhh... you dropped something".
When I read she was going to be in Saints Row The Third I'd already chosen... then like some people said, I 'ported' my character to IV.

As much as it pained me I tried the Southern Accent, to me it feels like she can't decide if she's a hill billy or president. The accent was hit and miss for me, but then I tried the French one last night and her take on the 'Stripper poles in the white house' thing made me laugh. When Kinzie asked "You had SOME stripper poles?" she was like "What!? I work out on one, this ass doesn't happen by itself!".

I think it's great that the voices are there as a choice when you start out, and also there as an alternative should you get bored. Even I get bored of Laura Bailey saying "I always win my arguments" for the 1,000th time. lol

I think laura baileys performance is decent in both games more so in TT than IV;

In TT I had her voice throughout; yeah its a good performance but lacks humor compared to the other 2 voices

My boss is based on the farmgirl/hillbilly look so voice 3 seemed the obvious choice in IV for me; my opinion is I really like the voice; fits to my character and does just nicely acting wise :)

I like both the French and Southern Belle voices, not cause of the actual voice or accent, but because they have better voice actors. The Hispanic voice in SR TT and SR 2 was decent but the Russian voice was too forced...

I dunno 'bout the other voices too much , but I love Laura bailey's Voice. It sticks to me. Sometimes I can hear that Potato lodged in her throat in a low pitch and when I do, Oh boy, I can't help but wonder if she's gonna Sing the Scrubby song or say "Ass dance Ass dance". I just can't get those lines out of my Head, Mainly cause I watch too much Shin chan.
I do however want to try out the Southern Voice. Problem is I can't find that Hair style to match the babe I want to create. I Figure, When the SDK comes out I wanna make a Hairstyle for that Special Character and use that voice.

Back