On-Foot Audio Player v0.1

On-Foot Audio Player for other games: SR2 | SRTT | SRGOOH

On-Foot Audio Player v0.1
Created by nclok1405
Download: OnFootAudioPlayer_v0.1.zip

== Description ==
This mod enables you to hear music during on-foot. You can switch station with Radio Station Switch keys and if you are not in a vehicle you can push your Horn key to skip to the next song.

It is strongly recommended to bind Prev/Next Radio Station keys to something different from Taunt/Complement keys. I recommend , (colon) and . (period) keys like in Saints Row IV.

Please keep mind that this mod is not/will not be a direct replacement of "On-Foot Radio" mod by @CabooseSayzWTF, because for some reason most radio DJ talks cannot be played with the technology I'm using. Basically it plays like a Playlist.

== Customization ==
There is a "Mixtape" station which is meant to be customized by the users, but it is not editable in-game; you must edit the lua file directly. Find a line that says "Place your favorite music here..." and add music names below that. Example:
Code:
    {
        name = "MIXTAPE",
        music = {
            -- Place your favorite music here...
            "MUS_SAINTS_CLUB_1",
            "10777MIX_B_OutOfTouch",
            "954krh_C_NeYo",
            "954krh_B_Cassie",
        }
    },

The lua file also contains the following flags at the beginning:
* OFAP_SHUFFLE: Default is true. Change it to false to disable play order shuffling.
* OFAP_CAR_RADIO: Default is false. Change it to true to disable On-Foot Audio Player while in a vehicle, allows you to use the vanilla radio.

=== Install ===
To install, place "museum.lua" to optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder in Gentlemen of the Row mod folder.
Then execute "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", create a patch (P), and copy everything inside the MY_CUSTOM_PATCH folder to your Saints Row 2 installation folder.

== Changelog ==
v0.1 (October 7, 2020)
* Added all stations
* Added the ability to shuffle the play order.
* Added "OFAP_SHUFFLE" flag. Default is true. Change it to false to disable play order shuffling.
* Added "OFAP_CAR_RADIO" flag. Default is false. Change it to true to disable On-Foot Audio Player while in a vehicle, allows you to use the vanilla radio.

v0.0 Technology Preview 2 (May 19, 2019)
* Added K12, FUNK, KLASSIC, and The Mix.

v0.0 Technology Preview (January 11, 2019)
* Initial release

Attachments

• OnFootAudioPlayer_v0.0_TechPreview.zip
    2 KB · Views: 445
  • OnFootAudioPlayer_v0.0_TechPreview2.zip
    4 KB · Views: 550
  • OnFootAudioPlayer_v0.1.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Last edited:
Wait for saints row 4 it's it possible to restore radio in while in car like in sr3. I say I just get out and music plays inside the car.

However when get in car with ambient music it disappears which it's odd. There no option for the setting radio always on or hijack only.
Well normally ambient music is playing when npcs drives a car.

What about another stations?
And how to turn on radios in cars?
What about do next step: if free roam radio play and sit on the car, than stop free roam and play car radio?

Or just switch ofap buttons to back and front wheel on bike?

Last edited:
What about another stations?
And how to turn on radios in cars?
What about do next step: if free roam radio play and sit on the car, than stop free roam and play car radio?

Or just switch ofap buttons to back and front wheel on bike?
Or just turn car radio to disabled on car enter. The car radio isn't needed at all with either on foot radio or on-foot audio player. That's just my input on that subject, I'll however let nclok comment more on the subject.

On-Foot Audio Player v0.1 released. I've added all stations, added the ability to shuffle the play order, and by changing "OFAP_CAR_RADIO = false" to "OFAP_CAR_RADIO = true" in the museum.lua file you can use the vanilla radio while in a vehicle.

Back