Nuke Camera Fix (Faster)

This is more of a personal issue I had with the Nuke but I'm sure others feel the same.

I found that mini-cutscene that happens every time you use Nuke to get pretty annoying after a few times using it, so I made this mod to speed the whole thing up and get back to the gameplay much sooner.

Here is a look at the 2 Nukes side by side.

Left is the Original Nuke

Right is the Modded Nuke

Nuke comp.gif

Nothing other then the camera and recovery time was changed, so no worries of this being a cheat mod. Its just for people that find the old way too slow, like myself.

Attachments

• Nuke.rar
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,059
Ha! One more thing that is mildly annoying is how long it takes you to get control of your character after a nuke. This was much needed, as enemies would warp in and shoot at you while you're standing there looking like a badass, unable to move. Good job!

Edit: Author, for those of us with tweak_table.xtbl already used by another mod, would you be able to post the exact variables + values changed so we can mod our current tweak_table.xtbl? Thanks!

Ha! One more thing that is mildly annoying is how long it takes you to get control of your character after a nuke. This was much needed, as enemies would warp in and shoot at you while you're standing there looking like a badass, unable to move. Good job!

Edit: Author, for those of us with tweak_table.xtbl already used by another mod, would you be able to post the exact variables + values changed so we can mod our current tweak_table.xtbl? Thanks!

Ya sure, no problem

Code:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_stationary_time</Name><Value>1000</Value><Description>Time (in milliseconds, from nuke explosion) that the camera holds at the max distance away from the player</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_travel_dist</Name><Value>40.0</Value><Description>Distance (in meters) that the camera travels away from the player during a nuke</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_travel_time</Name><Value>8</Value><Description>Time (in milliseconds, from nuke explosion) that the camera takes to get to the max distance away from the player</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

Ya sure, no problem

Code:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_stationary_time</Name><Value>1000</Value><Description>Time (in milliseconds, from nuke explosion) that the camera holds at the max distance away from the player</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_travel_dist</Name><Value>40.0</Value><Description>Distance (in meters) that the camera travels away from the player during a nuke</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Energy_blast_camera_travel_time</Name><Value>8</Value><Description>Time (in milliseconds, from nuke explosion) that the camera takes to get to the max distance away from the player</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Super Powers:Nuke</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

Thanks for this!

FYI for anyone wondering, you can use notepad++ to find this easily. I changed the 3 number values that were within the tweak_table.xtbl file and it worked with no issues.

Back