No Voice Previews in Image as Designed Personality Menus (Voice, Compliment, Taunt)

I've noticed a curious bug in Saints Row IV where if I am playing the game for an extended period of time (longer than 30 minutes or so) and enter an Image as Designed store, I do not hear the player's voice in the Personality Menu. This includes the Voice, Compliments, and Taunts submenus. If I change my character's voice or scroll through the compliments and taunts, the character remains silent and does not give the typical associated voice preview.

The only fix I've found is to completely restart the game. If I go to IAD when I first start the game, the voice preview works as expected.

I am not quite sure what causes this to stop working when I play the game for a longer period of time. This is particularly annoying if I want to change the pitch of the character's voice, but can't preview it unless I leave IAD, or have to restart the game.

• Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz
  • Memory:4 GB RAM
  • Graphics:NVIDIA GTX 260M
  • DirectX:Version 10
  • Hard Drive:100 GB available space

confirm, have same bug....
  • Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad P9400 @ 2.67GHz
  • Memory:4 GB RAM
  • Graphics:NVIDIA GTX 260+
  • DirectX:Version 11 (from dxdiag)

Yup, my voice previews are gone too, as in gone even if i just start up the game.

Seems to have occurred after the patch. (either the "broken" patch or the "fixed" one, didn't play while it was "broken")

Don't know if this helps for a fix, but another thing I've noticed is the voice previews come back after a while if I keep scrolling through compliments/taunts. Almost as if it's taking the game a few seconds to load up the voice previews. Waiting doesn't seem to do anything for the Voice Select menu though, only for Compliments/Taunts.

Confirmed have this bug too

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
4gb ram
512mb 8800gt

I know I dont meet the requirements but my game works perfectly to the end only this bug ive noticed

Yup, my voice previews are gone too, as in gone even if i just start up the game.

Seems to have occurred after the patch. (either the "broken" patch or the "fixed" one, didn't play while it was "broken")

Yeah this has been happening to me as well. Voice previews either work or don't work at the start of the game.

Also, I hope the fact that this thread was liked by one of the fine folks at Volition means this is on the radar to be fixed in a future patch. :)

Oh it's on the radar. So far all we know is it happens on all platforms at some point between 5m and 5h in game. Sometimes it doesn't.

There's a lot on the plate but this one's right next to the steak.

There's a lot on the plate but this one's right next to the steak.
Ugh. All this talk about food. What about the bug? LOL nah I'm just messin' with ya.
I do however have this issue too, HOWEVER, I can still hear the lines my character speaks when I go to select a compliment or taunt, but not when I go to preview a voice. Odd.

I was excited to see the latest patch notes (11-12-13) mentioned this voice preview stuff as being fixed, but unfortunately, it seems it still doesn't work quite as expected. When I select a voice, it does actually play a preview now, however, the character does not move his lips accordingly. Also changing the pitch does not seem to alter the voice preview in any way. There's also a weird echo effect when the voice preview starts playing.​

On the bright side, the compliments and taunts seem to work well and no longer has the lag in audio I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Really glad you guys have been working on addressing the bugs we've posted about here, but I do hope you take one more pass in trying to fix this one. Thanks.

Yeah, somehow the voice pitch RTPC got nuked on this one. I'm tracing it back to the source... regardless of what caused it, the bug is easily fixable.

Good ears, fellers.

Back