No more unlimited/infinite ammo/health or stamina

I've replayed the Saints Row 2 maybe 10-15times allready, usually using the awesome GotR modpack. One thing that's allways irked me is that i have to leave some activities unfinished until postgame so i dont gain unfair advantace over the game like infinite ammo/health that just makes the game not fun. So yeah im asking if it's any possible to mod it so that the abovementioned doesnt need to happen? Maybe optional option in GotR if possible or something i dont know.

Also little something about the car colours, i've allways liked the "dirty" look some cars usually have until you take them to rim jobs and it's gone forever leaving your car sparkling shiny and also boring. I dont know how hard the dirty skins would be to implement on rim jobs options but just something i like'd to point out.

I hope im not asking too much.

The easiest thing you can do is open up the unlockables table in notepad and adjust those values to whatever you want. This will still keep the mod 100% coop compatible:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\modified\unlockables.xtbl

Health isn't infinite with the unlocks. They just make the the health start recharging sooner. Search on "health" and change the wait time from 1000 and 2000 to a much lower number. That number is how many milliseconds to shave off the time. So, 0 would be no change.

For the unlimited ammo, search on "ammo" just remove the contents of the unlock. For example, this is the original unlock for unlimited shotgun ammo by finishing Drug Trafficking:
Code:
    <Unlockable>
        <Name>Drug_1_whole</Name>
        <Type>
            <Unlimited_Crib_Ammo>
                <weapon_class>shotgun</weapon_class>
                </Unlimited_Crib_Ammo>
            </Type>
        <DisplayName>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE</DisplayName>
        <Description>UNL_DESC_DRUG1_WHOLE</Description>
        <Image_Source>ui_ct_drug_1_whole</Image_Source>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Entries:Activities</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <Event_Text>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE_EVENT</Event_Text>
        <Category>Weapons</Category>
        <Pause_Menu_Label>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE</Pause_Menu_Label>
        </Unlockable>

Removing everything between the Type tags should cause nothing at all to happen:
Code:
    <Unlockable>
        <Name>Drug_1_whole</Name>
        <Type>
            </Type>
        <DisplayName>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE</DisplayName>
        <Description>UNL_DESC_DRUG1_WHOLE</Description>
        <Image_Source>ui_ct_drug_1_whole</Image_Source>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Entries:Activities</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <Event_Text>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE_EVENT</Event_Text>
        <Category>Weapons</Category>
        <Pause_Menu_Label>UNL_DRUG1_WHOLE</Pause_Menu_Label>
        </Unlockable>

I have tried everything I could think of to get car dirt to appear as an option at the mechanic with no luck.

Sweet thanks man, you are now my favorite person of the year. Too bad about the car dirt but meh cant get everything, besides tricked metallic colour styles look pretty cool anyway and wont make me feel like im driving some cheap plastic junk.

I've replayed the Saints Row 2 maybe 10-15times allready, usually using the awesome GotR modpack. One thing that's allways irked me is that i have to leave some activities unfinished until postgame so i dont gain unfair advantace over the game like infinite ammo/health that just makes the game not fun. So yeah im asking if it's any possible to mod it so that the abovementioned doesnt need to happen? Maybe optional option in GotR if possible or something i dont know.
I hope im not asking too much.
You could try my challenge mod which deactivates the unlimited ammo thingies.

I ran into a slight problem after editing the unlockables.xtbl to remove the ammo unlockables, at first time i removed all Unlimited_crib_ammo etc between Type tags. I didnt gain the samedi melee style at first time after finishing the required mission so i thought it might be problem on my end or bug in the game, replayed the mission from old save and still didnt get the style. Then i tried editing the unlockables.xtbl again after copying unmodified version of it to the gotr folder and double checked i removed what i was supposed to and nothing else, i only removed the rifle/shotgun/pistol and smg unlimited ammos. That didnt work on unlocking the melee styles via missions so i did everything again once more. Only when using default unlockables.xtbl did the melee unlocks work again.

TLDR:did everything like supposed to atleast im pretty sure i did which hindered some unlockables unable to unlock.

Back