No Fire Damage

This is a bit of a crude fix to add fire immunity back to Gat out of Hell, I was getting really annoyed by tanks constantly lighting me on fire and interrupting my combat flow, all I really did was change fire_damage_2 to 100 percent and set the amount of time the player is on fire to 0 seconds, unfortunately it doesn't completely allow you to ignore fire, your just on fire for less than a millisecond, im sure someone will come up with a better way to bring back fie immunity, until then here's an option.

Until the whole mods folder thing gets figured out, just toss these files in the games root folder, that's what worked for me.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the unlockables.xtbl file may conflict with other mods, so heres a version that uses just gameplay_constants.xtbl

Attachments

• GOOH_NO_FIRE_DAMAGE.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • GOOH_NO_FIRE_DAMAGE (no unlockables.xtbl).zip
    10 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:
Your "unlockables.xtbl" doesn't stack with other mods, I guess? This would be really bad, because many of the mods are using this file.

Your "unlockables.xtbl" doesn't stack with other mods, I guess? This would be really bad, because many of the mods are using this file.
yeah, it was meant to be a temporary fix until someone was able to reactivate all of the SR4 perks, but I can set fire damage to 0 in the gameplay_constants file, leaving unlockables free. Im not sure if the immunity would also apply to enemies, but let me know how it turns out

yeah, it was meant to be a temporary fix until someone was able to reactivate all of the SR4 perks, but I can set fire damage to 0 in the gameplay_constants file, leaving unlockables free. Im not sure if the immunity would also apply to enemies, but let me know how it turns out

I can confirm this is working perfectly. Tanks, Arch Dukes, burning cars etc. don't set me on fire any longer. And I can still set enemies on fire, they still suffer damage from it.

EDIT: When standing directly IN a fire source, the player still starts the known "burning animation", but once I'm moving away from the source, it stops immediately.

Last edited:
Back