no DLC on PC?

so I discovered the series with Saints Row 3, loved the game and have been considering getting hold of the first two games ever since, except that I don't own a console so sadly Saints Row 1 is out :( that's bad enough, but now I can't find any indication of the DLC for 2 being on PC, was it included by default as some kind of 'directors cut' or is it just not available at all? or maybe I'm just missing something
maybe one day I'll buy a console, prices may drop once the next generation hit the shops or maybe I'll be medically cleared to enter the world of paid employment, so should I bother buying 2 for PC or wait and get both 1 & 2 on a console one day maybe?

The DLC was never ported to PC by the developers. You can however play the DLC if you use the Gentlemen of the Row mod: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/gentlemen-of-the-row.24/

GotR only includes 2 of the 6 dlc missions. These ported missions have substitued npcs, no mission audio, and no cutscenes. It's more like an interesting test than an actual true port. Also, it's missing all the vehicles, clothing, and plastic surgeon options from the dlc as well.

The bottom line is that GotR is not a substitute for the dlc at all.

from what I've been reading the PC port has some rather negative reviews, maybe I'm better waiting until I can get a cheap console anyway

The biggest problem is that while the console version is better.. the console version does not get mods. I mean, sure you get better framerates, but you lose out on Gentlemen of the Row. And Sandbox too.
My suggestion is watch Steam and if the PC version drops below a really cheap rate (I'd say under a few bucks) go for it. Cheaper than the whatever they're charging for the whole "360 Classics" SR2 version or whatever you get, and it gets mods to fix a lot of the smaller issues. Then, if you have a lot of the framerate issues etc, at least you're only out the price of a good cup of coffee.

The biggest problem is that while the console version is better.. the console version does not get mods. I mean, sure you get better framerates, but you lose out on Gentlemen of the Row. And Sandbox too.
My suggestion is watch Steam and if the PC version drops below a really cheap rate (I'd say under a few bucks) go for it. Cheaper than the whatever they're charging for the whole "360 Classics" SR2 version or whatever you get, and it gets mods to fix a lot of the smaller issues. Then, if you have a lot of the framerate issues etc, at least you're only out the price of a good cup of coffee.
You cannot have everything. You either have a stable version capable of running on the same hardware worldwide without any modding support or encouragement or another one heavily dependant on hardware it will run on and people who will greatly improve the gameplay with modifications and tools free of charge.

Back