New Skin Texture for the K-8 KRUKOV ( Gang Machine Gun )

The K-8 KRUKOV ( Gang Machine Gun ) is one of the best weapons in SRTT, especially the level 4 upgrade with the attached grenade launcher.
It is a weapon that I use frequently and also most of the gang grunts.
I'm not sure if anyone here has done a skin retexture for it so I made a version that adds some chrome shine to a few parts.

Here are some images of what has been done so far.
0K8-grn-blueV4w.png

0K8-grn-blueV4P.png

My player character is wearing the Ultor Assassin suit that I retextured.
0utrblk8vltravtolg2s.png

0vltorK8v4wlks.png

0utrblk8vltravtolgv6s.png

-----------------------------------------------
This is a close up of the K-8 held by a Saint gang member showing their level version.
0K8-gangrntcls.png

This is still a work in progress and if you have any suggestions, ideas or comments, please let me know what you think about it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion, I think the saints row logo on the mag should be a saints row 3 logo

I think you've done a great job on it if im honest, you say its a work in progress, what are you planning on changing?

Off Topic: is that the ultor assassin suit? That textures awesome, any chance of us getting that? :D

The K-8 KRUKOV ( Gang Machine Gun ) is one of the best weapons in SRTT, especially the level 4 upgrade with the attached grenade launcher.
It is a weapon that I use frequently and also most of the gang grunts.
I'm not sure if anyone here has done a skin retexture for it so I made a version that adds some chrome shine to a few parts.

Here are some images of what has been done so far.
View attachment 6633
View attachment 6634

My player character is wearing the Ultor Assassin suit that I retextured.
View attachment 6635
View attachment 6636
View attachment 6637
-----------------------------------------------
This is a close up of the K-8 held by a Saint gang member showing their level version.
View attachment 6638

This is still a work in progress and if you have any suggestions, ideas or comments, please let me know what you think about it.
Thanks.

ahhhh you somehow answered my request! i love you and the textures

Added some chrome and changed the forward grip style.
0grsr3logocls0.png

Switched the logo on the mag to the SRTT for the gang members.
0grsr3logocls1.png

0grsr3logocls2.png 0grsr3logocls3.png 0grsr3logocls4.png

Last edited:
very nice work! both on the weapon and armor!

I see that you take the modding to the next level by actually changing the textures, and recoloring some areas in minute detail.

Keep up the good work!

very nice work! both on the weapon and armor!

I see that you take the modding to the next level by actually changing the textures, and recoloring some areas in minute detail.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks bro, a compliment like that means a lot, especially from you.:D
It was your fine artwork you did on your texture mod for the Decker style weapons and Ultor Assassin suit that inspired me.;)

I did some modifications on the normal map ( gangrifle_lg_n.dds ) in order to accent the texture patterns for the gangrifle_lg_d.dds and it aligned well since both textures were 1024 x 1024.
Too bad all the textures for everything else couldn't be the same as well.:(

Is there a way to modify the textures so that the diffuse, normal and shine files ( _d, _n and _s ) can all be the same dimensions ?
Would hex editing be required for the .cpeg that indicates the texture's dimensions ?
Just think about how much nicer and easier it would be if all the textures for an item were the same dimensional size and how nicely they would line up resulting in a cleaner and sharper texture for each mesh.:cool:

0gangrifletex.png

Thanks bro, a compliment like that means a lot, especially from you.:D
It was your fine artwork you did on your texture mod for the Decker style weapons and Ultor Assassin suit that inspired me.;)

I did some modifications on the normal map ( gangrifle_lg_n.dds ) in order to accent the texture patterns for the gangrifle_lg_d.dds and it aligned well since both textures were 1024 x 1024.
Too bad all the textures for everything else couldn't be the same as well.:(

Is there a way to modify the textures so that the diffuse, normal and shine files ( _d, _n and _s ) can all be the same dimensions ?
Would hex editing be required for the .cpeg that indicates the texture's dimensions ?
Just think about how much nicer and easier it would be if all the textures for an item were the same dimensional size and how nicely they would line up resulting in a cleaner and sharper texture for each mesh.:cool:

It sure would be easier. It is still not too bad to port details between files of different formats. I use Gimp and load each image on its own layer, and resize some layers so that they are all the same temporarily.

Having all files at the biggest size would probably lead to problems of not having enough memory to load all assets.

As for actually changing some file sizes, it seems like it is sometimes possible, but I dont have a firm grasp on this aspect.

I use Gimp and load each image on its own layer, and resize some layers so that they are all the same temporarily.

That is an excellent method for aligning the normal map texture ( *_n. ) to the diffuse map texture ( *_d. ) since the normal is usually smaller than the diffuse.:cool:
Which images do you layer and in what order are they layered ?
When reverting the resized image back to it's default size, does it get distorted ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
That is an excellent method for aligning the normal map texture ( *_n. ) to the diffuse map texture ( *_d. ) since the normal is usually smaller than the diffuse.:cool:
Which images do you layer and in what order are they layered ?
When reverting the resized image back to it's default size, does it get distorted ?
Thanks.

There is no strict order that I use. Usually, I begin by opening the file I want to modify, and open the other images as layers and resize them to fit first file. I dont work on those other resized files but rather use them as aids to work on the first opened file. When I am done, I just get rid of all layers until I am left with the first opened file and save the result.

On the other hand, there is at least a case where I did modify a file that was stored in the game with a 50% reduction in size horizontally. In that case, it was easier to resize it to its full size, get the work done, and then resize it back to 50% reduction. The result looked fine. Its the gigantic girl animation that stands up and squats on one of the tall buildings, in SRTT. I wanted to give her bigger tits ;)

Back