My game consistently crashes during the intro splash screen.

75C135E4-90B4-4669-B202-C311F4BE7584.png
I played saints row back on console and really loved it, and I just saw recently that it was on steam. I decided to pick it up because I had very fond memories of it. I booted up the game to no sound, the resolution is wack, and it crashes always right at the end of the intro splash screen where it shows like copyrights and stuff(attached photo). I know that you get a loading screen right after it, but my game has always crashed right before. Now, while I know sr2 is not a perfect game, and even worse when it was ported, I still have determination to try and fix it. I’ve looked through the forums here and I’m not sure if I missed a forum but my problem seems unique. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying files, running in different compatibility modes, but the exact same problem keeps happening. I don’t know how to fix it but I would really appreciate some help if possible. Also, I’m on my phone making this post but I can still give a general summary of my pc including monitors (because of resolution).
Windows 10 64bit
Msi gaming edge wifi motherboard
Evga Gtx 1070 ti
I7 10700k
32 gb ddr4 ram
(1st) 2k 144hz monitor
(2nd) 1080p 60hz monitor

Just plain vanilla, straight from steam
Sounds to me like you need to run the game windowed. I also advise you install gentleman of the row which fixes a lot of issues with the pc port. But the crash after intros sounds like a issue i had when I first tried to play it on pc i ended up having to get a modified file that goes in app data can't remember the name tho

Back