More cars on roads in city

Hello)
I want to make a more realistic city and add more cars on the road (Not new cars, but simply more cars that are already in the game files, in a visible section of the road), but I don’t understand in which file it can be edited!
I found a file with deleting cars over time, but this is not what need, if i understand correct...
I see here people use the Sandbox to turn off city traffic, but maybe someone did the opposite?

Last edited:
I also want to do this, I want to have a lot more citizens and cars, if someone can do this please share with us

I am sure that in tweak table.xtbl there is a line responsible for this

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to find, but I did not see anything related to traffic on the road :( Although my English is not so good and maybe I do not correctly understand some descriptions, but everything is connected with the camera in the car.
in misc_tables.vpp_pc, I found the following files:
distant_vehicle_spawn_parameters.xtbl
distant_vehicle_traffic_types.xtbl
distant_peds.xtbl
distant_vehicles.xtbl
I did not understand how to work with them, I changed the settings and threw these files into the game folder, but nothing changed ..
it may be necessary to pack the unpacked misc_tables.vpp_pc back and paste it into the "packfiles" folder with a replacement, I don’t know

just in case, I'll throw these files to you, suddenly you figure it out

Attachments

• files.rar
    2.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
just in case, I'll throw these files to you, suddenly you figure it out
.xtbl file! This type of file describes the parameter of certain things or events (distant_vehicle_spawn_parameters.xtbl - it is most likely responsible for the distance at which the cars will be visible to the player and how quickly they disappear, I have not looked yet)

Through such files, you can change a lot in the game!
These files are easiest to work with. They just need to be opened in the correct editor (I use VSCODE) and do not forget to save the formatting as in the original.
When you change something in this file, the changes in the game itself are immediately visible (you still need to go into the game).
After editing the file, put it in the folder - ... \\ Saints Row 4 \\ mods.
Congratulations, the first easiest mod is ready!
There are more complex types of mods where a separate xtbl is created and then it is packaged in .vpp_pc.
This type of mod is more interesting, but it’s harder to work with (although it’s easier, too).
Exp thanks Donhonk: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/diamond-sword-energy-sword-replacement.7536/ here very old mod, but now i upgrade this mod in this https://drive.google.com/file/d/17TCQZSJN-k5z01YUdyYZA5G--bGBxdnz/view?usp=sharing (The intermediate version, alas, most likely will not see the light and the final one (forum rules make it difficult to spread))
Although here xtbl was done automatically. It is very different from xtbl in the folder misc_tables.vpp_pc and contains fewer lines and can only be used in this mod when it is packed.
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/merging-mods-many-images-within.4782/ - There is also information about all this, it is probably better written, I originally read there.

Back