Modified Realism Mod

Hello!
I played the game with IdolNinja's Realism Mod, and I really liked some aspects of it. But it made some parts irritating for me and some bugs were too much for me, like cars only having engine noise and being able to honk when in cruise control, which is opposite of the base game. Also, running into parked cars and dying was not fun. So I decided to edit some of the values, like damage from hitting vehicles, and stuff like that, but I couldn't fix the bugs that were associated with it, and I didn't want other things like the extra special weapons, the lack of minimap dots, and the pedestrians sneaking up and destroying me.

So I took the unmodded compressed patch, and added the xtbl files I liked from the mod, such as the damage multiplier, and the store prices, because these made the game longer and harder. I repackaged it, and it works in-game, but now every 20 seconds it freezes for 10 seconds. I was very careful to not mess up any code lines, and even without editing the files, I still get the freezing. Do I have to edit the uncompressed patch as well to match? It's not in xtbl so I am unsure of what to do. I am willing to learn how to fix this but I do not know where to start.

My goal is to have the only changes be increased damage to player (without ragdoll damage being so much extra), decreased damage to enemies, slower and more delayed health regen, more expensive stores, weapons, cars, and upgrades, as well as limiting the upgrades to not include invincibility upgrades. I was on the right track by editing values and inserting the xtbl files into the unmodded compressed patch, but now my game freezes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for your time, and I understand if you cannot offer any advice.

Back