SOLVED Model Problem Is Solved But I Now Need Help My Textures Not Showing In The Game

Hey this is Nerd Broski,

I have been having problem with the SDK converter. I am trying to convert my FBX model that I rigged in Maya 2015 but the only files I have been getting are the cpeg and gpeg files and nothing else. I dunno if it is because the model I am trying to convert is too large for the converter or I might have mess something up during the rigging process. Below I have posted images and a text document with transcript of the converter said after the process.

001.PNG

002.png

003.PNG

004.PNG

005.PNG

I hope someone can help me out with this!

Attachments

• Saint Row IV FBX Converter CMD Transcript.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
Your vertex count is too high, usually a model with more than 35k verts will not convert. You either reduce the count or delete parts of the mesh.

Not sure if thats a limit within the converter, or if its tied to your pc specs

What Beauti said. Try to reduce the number of verts to 35k or lower to be sure it works (I usually try to have models with 25k verts or lower).

You can do that in Blender. Select your mesh, go to modifiers tab and add Decimate modifier. Now use ratio slider to reduce the number of verts. Once it's done hit apply button and create body meshes again.

Textures are fine :)

Hey I got a little update I like to share real quick and see if if any of you fine folks would like to explain to me what I might did wrong this time lol ;) .

I did finally figure out the problem with the model itself, thank you Admixion and BeautiDuwanger! But a new problem has emerged and you can in my screenshots of three suits I am now tinkering with...

(MK SUIT 1)
MK SUIT 1.png

(MK SUIT 2)
MK SUIT 2.png

(Now as for the reason for the model looking messed up it was probably due to me being a bit rusty with the rigging process in Maya 2015 and I could have mess something up during it.)

(MK SUIT 3)
MK SUIT 3.png

As you can see the BCM textures I apply to the models are not showing but instead it shows this, I dunno really to describe it, black and white inverted-styled textures. Now I did look at Henry08's explainations of textures and shaders and I did see that for the parts that have BCM textures I needed to use the " ir_sr3pccloth " option, which I did use. I have tried going through the process three times and each time the results are the same. I think it might be due to the textures I am using but other than that I am not sure. Did I mess something up? Is it the textures? Please help if you can, it would be much appreciated. I am willing to admit I am a bit rusty since I haven't tried making a mod like since last July (July 29th to be exact). I''l also leave copies of the main diffuse textures I used (In PNG format) for each model so if you need to take a look go for it.

I hope to hear from anyone soon :) .

Attachments

• MK SUIT 1 BODY.png
    MK SUIT 1 BODY.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
  • MK SUIT 1 EYES.png
    MK SUIT 1 EYES.png
    846.5 KB · Views: 167
  • MK SUIT 1 MASK.png
    MK SUIT 1 MASK.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 162
  • MK SUIT 1 FACE.png
    MK SUIT 1 FACE.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 163
  • MK SUIT 2 BODY.png
    MK SUIT 2 BODY.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 156
  • MK SUIT 2 EYES.png
    MK SUIT 2 EYES.png
    846.5 KB · Views: 162
  • MK SUIT 2 FACE.png
    MK SUIT 2 FACE.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 170
  • MK SUIT 2 MASK.png
    MK SUIT 2 MASK.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 161
  • MK SUIT 3 BODY.png
    MK SUIT 3 BODY.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 168
  • MK SUIT 3 EYELASHES.png
    MK SUIT 3 EYELASHES.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 162
  • MK SUIT 3 EYES.png
    MK SUIT 3 EYES.png
    846.5 KB · Views: 161
  • MK SUIT 3 FACE.png
    MK SUIT 3 FACE.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 170
  • MK SUIT 3 MASK.png
    MK SUIT 3 MASK.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 150
1st : Yes, they are in .tga format

2nd: Yes I did use the proper suffix (Diffuse being _d, BCM being _p, and Normals being _n).

3rd: Yes and no, what I mean is yes they're in same folder as my export ready FBX model but they are currently placed in a sub-folder.

Should be in same folder and they shouldn't be in any sub-folder?

Back