WORKSHOP Modding patch hype!

Know what makes an already awesome game like saints row 4 even better? mods. saints row 4 has PLENTY of insanity already. but mods? might be the biggest source of insanity post-game.
I saw a post on the steam forums asking about when the modding patch happens, our good friend, the champion of the saints row modding community, Idolninja answered:

"Yep. The last few bugs with the modding/workshop patch have been fixed, but we still need QA to test it before it goes live. The clothing sdk is also coming out with the patch, and we have one final female clothing morph issue to address. Also, 3 of the 5 planned tutorials for creating custom clothing are done.

It's close, but we're working on this after hours in our free time so can't really give a solid ETA."
(source http://steamcommunity.com/app/206420/discussions/0/355043117531229239/)

were in the home stretch people. dildo bats and anal probe rocket launchers were only the beginning. the modding patch will allow us to create new, crazy outfits and weapons... without overwriting what is already there!

The love and support sr4 has gotten since release is amazing, to say the least. This might be due to Idolninja, who started as the humble creator of the awesome gentlemen of the row mod, to becoming part of volition as a voice of the modding community. without him, i doubt we'd be getting this even considered!

a toast to you, Idolninja! thanks to your efforts, the modding community for saints row will soon rival that of bethesda rpgs!!

a toast to you, Idolninja! thanks to your efforts, the modding community for saints row will soon rival that of bethesda rpgs!!

I started the ball rolling, but really the praise should be heaped on Mike Wilson, flow754, and donhonk (plus a whole bunch of other V devs who contributed.) These are the guys that made this all possible. :)

Awesome! I bet we'll get some more news during one of the streams this week on Twitch.

Actually we were pushing hard to get ready for the 10th anniversary, but with the remaining few issues it can't happen yet. The biggest is getting time for QA to test. They are working crazy hours testing AOM these days.

So, no news coming on that front next week.

Right? My Oblivion ISO backup weighs in at 132GB. My Skyrim install weighs in at 157GB. Both games push the limits of "number of plugins". But, we are getting there...better than some other game's modding capability, say, Deus Ex or something...where only a gibbed menu is available. There is SO MUCH you can do without the MP they are building for SRIV. Awesome effort to keep SR dynasty progressing by showing that there is a definite following and folks still play the games.
the way sr4 is modded NOW is still limited.
there is a limit on new guns without the game screwing up
i have yet to see any *NEW* modded clothing, just reskins.
I was exaggerating just a tad, but look at my steam profile. look at how many hours i have on the game. most of that was dicking around in the open world. that number will most likely skyrocket with all the crazy new content that can potentially be added. (and my sexy new compy i got for cool leg :3)
though i do wonder... how will modding in multiplayer work?

also idolninja without you we would all be stuck with the broken ass sr2 port that the devs cant truly fix as another company that went under handled the porting.

volition may be my favorite game company outside nintendo :p just at how seriously it takes its fans.

Back