Modding assistance for another V-Game

Heyo, hope everyone is keeping well. I hope the Volition family is keeping well too. You've brought us many years of enjoyment, decades even.

I just want to quickly say first that I'm real sorry this has nothing to do with Saints Row games, hence why I'm posting this in Off Topic. Still, it is a Volition game, twice-the-hence why I'm asking the Saints Row modding community here (Maybe the structure of Saints Row games is similar enough to a point that tools made for SR could work with the game I'm modding aswell).

The game is Summoner - My absolute pride and joy in life. I've been modding the game for several years; Trying to make it the best version of itself it could possibly be, and provide the best possible experience for anyone that wants to play the game with this mod.

There's a lot of aspects I can mod, but there's also a lot of aspects I'm clueless about, and unfortunately there is no modding community behind Summoner I can turn to for knowledge, so I've had to go through all the files I can and perform a mass amount of testing to get the results I'm looking for. Problem is some things I'm clueless about, mainly because I just can't find where certain mechanics are stored.

I did reach out to Volition and they was kind enough to ask some of the developers that worked on the original game, but because it was so long ago, they was unable to answer any of my questions. I still appreciated their response, though. It was really nice they tried looking into that for me, just a shame it's been too long.

I'm hoping someone on here might know how Volition like to structure their games; Where they store certain mechanic files and maybe what types of files I should be looking for.

Just as a way to help show you what I need help with, lets take the spells for example. There is a dedicated table file for all the spells in the game that holds information on skill requirements of spells, AP cost, hit chance, etc.

But that table file alone doesn't hold the data on everything spell related, such as how long effect spells last for, and what the delays are between when cetain spells takes effect, such as the regeneration spell that will restore health in intervals (A certain amount of seconds will pass, then it heals some health, then another amount of seconds will pass until it heals some health again, and so on until it wears out); Certain mechanics are stored eleswhere, I just can't find them.

Maybe I'm aimlessly attacking the darkness by asking here; Not many people are familiar with the game, but anything you can provide that will help me move in the right direction is highly appreciated. I'm determined to make this mod project something myself and others can really enjoy even if it takes me a long time, so any help is something I'll be thankful of. Of course it's my all time favorite game so I want to make it as great as it possibly can.

Thank you for your time, even if you're equally as clueless as me when it comes to this. Also if you're reading this several years in the future and know a thing or 2, feel free to post a reply and I'll get back to you. I'll probably always be developing this mod and expanding it, and if not, I'll update this topic.

Back