Mod to let user delete corrupted owned outfits

I dont know how it happened exactly, but I was stuck with a corrupted outfit that I could not delete, because the game was crashing when I was trying to delete it (and the game was trying to load its assets, thus crashing).

I found the following way to let me get rid of this corrupted outfit and thought it could be useful to other people eventually.

I modified store_clothing.lua in store_clothing.str2_pc so that when the user is in the wardrobe and checks the owned outfits, the outfits assets are not loaded in memory to try to put them on the character in the preview window. This lets the user succesfully delete corrupted outfits that make the game crash.

The mod should be installed, then user deletes undesired outfits, and remove the mod afterward. See details in the readme file.

I have put this in the tools sections because in my mind it is meant to be used as a tool.

Attachments

• SR4 store clothing mod - disable viewing owned outfits V1.7z
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,005
Im with this same problem. Unfortunately to me, it happens in Saints Row the Third. Is there any chance to create this wonderful mod also to SRTT ?? Thanks for your patience. =D

Im with this same problem. Unfortunately to me, it happens in Saints Row the Third. Is there any chance to create this wonderful mod also to SRTT ?? Thanks for your patience. =D

Bad news, I just checked the code in SRTT for the stores and it is completely different than in SRIV. I could not find an equivalent spot in the code, that I could disable to get a similar result.

I know that Corrodias wrote the SR3 Save Editor
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sr3-save-editor-c.1042/

Maybe the Save Editor itself can help you, I am not sure.

Back